Unlikely But Worth A Shot: Girl Groups - Story Of A Sound

Brother Randy Hickey

formerly Dubversion
i'm providing a video backdrop movie thingy for The Actionettes' 10th anniversary show at the 100 Club next Saturday and while I've got a great selection of clips, I'm short on any girl group footage (they don't tend to make the usual rock docs because we need extra time for people to wank on about George Martin).

There's a DVD that looks perfect called Girl Groups - Story of A Sound, but it's hard to find. Any ebay copies wouldn't make it over from the states in time, and the torrents I've found have stalled. If anyone had this to lend, rip, sell or otherwise provide I'd be so grateful.

Any suggestions for other available girl group clips would be appreciated too (youtube is a treasure trove but the clips wouldn't survive being blown up to projector size). Obviously, I'm thinking The Shirelles, The Shangri Las, Dixie Cups, Darlene Love etc etc etc.

Cheers

crackerjack

i'm providing a video backdrop movie thingy for The Actionettes' 10th anniversary show at the 100 Club next Saturday and while I've got a great selection of clips, I'm short on any girl group footage (they don't tend to make the usual rock docs because we need extra time for people to wank on about George Martin).

There's a DVD that looks perfect called Girl Groups - Story of A Sound, but it's hard to find. Any ebay copies wouldn't make it over from the states in time, and the torrents I've found have stalled. If anyone had this to lend, rip, sell or otherwise provide I'd be so grateful.

Any suggestions for other available girl group clips would be appreciated too (youtube is a treasure trove but the clips wouldn't survive being blown up to projector size). Obviously, I'm thinking The Shirelles, The Shangri Las, Dixie Cups, Darlene Love etc etc etc.

Cheers

In the absence of any live footage surely all you need is the opening scene from Mean Streets.