kanye's runaway

CrowleyHead

Perfect Ingenious Ridiculousness.

See: Space Is The Place and pretty much every Prince Movie.

There's all these things with double meanings; people complain about certain things that others adore. I mean, it REALLY IS the Kanye West movie. And, as a friend of mine summarized in one sentence: "... Homeboy, straight, fucked a phoenix, Dog."

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
It's fucking awful. Really, really, like the worst thing to have come out of culture since 'From Luxury To Heartache' by Culture Club.

geiom

!

Perfect Ingenious Ridiculousness.

See: Space Is The Place and pretty much every Prince Movie.

There's all these things with double meanings; people complain about certain things that others adore. I mean, it REALLY IS the Kanye West movie. And, as a friend of mine summarized in one sentence: "... Homeboy, straight, fucked a phoenix, Dog."

lol

as a film its ridiculous/derivative etc but I do love some of the music - like the autotune acapella that starts around 27mins

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
^ now that's genius.

I don't doubt his intentions for a second, but he's embarrassingly delusional. Cocaine's a hell of a drug.

Damien

that interview is amazing, but I couldn't watch it without holding my hands over my eyes, Kanye West is the definition of digging your own grave, he just comes out with the stupidest shit

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
The new album has leaked, the clean version anyway. It's pretty good, not as anthemic as his first three or as out there as 808s, and it's a little over reliant on collabs, but I can't get that Aphex sampling track The Blame Game out of my head. Dark Fantasy has a great beat, produced by RZA & No ID, and Monster deserves a mention if only for Nicki Minaj's verse, which hits you right between the eyes much like Busta did on Scenario. I don't even like Minaj, in fact on Drake's tracks with her she makes my toes curl, but she's great on Monster.

luka

rza and no id collaborated? i wonder how that eventuated. no id is kaynes mentor isn't he?

geiom

The new album has leaked, the clean version anyway. It's pretty good, not as anthemic as his first three or as out there as 808s, and it's a little over reliant on collabs, but I can't get that Aphex sampling track The Blame Game out of my head. Dark Fantasy has a great beat, produced by RZA & No ID, and Monster deserves a mention if only for Nicki Minaj's verse, which hits you right between the eyes much like Busta did on Scenario. I don't even like Minaj, in fact on Drake's tracks with her she makes my toes curl, but she's great on Monster.

its weird, I thought that sounded aphexesque when I 1st heard it but didn't realise it IS aphex

great trk, shame he didn't get aphex and chris cunningham to help make the video

Joey Joe-Joe Jr. Shabadoo

I do love some of the music - like the autotune acapella that starts around 27mins

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

geiom

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

thanks for that. amazing trak!. what an inspired thing for a folk act to try

Leo

crazy reviews of this new album: "genius!", "masterpiece!", "10.0!"...really? he's always sort of rubbed me the wrong way, never really taken to his previous stuff. should i give this one a go, is it really that amazing?

crackerjack

great trk, shame he didn't get aphex and chris cunningham to help make the video

Ha ha, that'd would've been worth seeing.

The album's great, his best in 5 years at least. But the movie is exactly as bad as Sloane says, just empirically beyond-words awful.

blackpixie

crazy reviews of this new album: "genius!", "masterpiece!", "10.0!"...really? he's always sort of rubbed me the wrong way, never really taken to his previous stuff. should i give this one a go, is it really that amazing?

I love the cd but a lot of that comes from just being a kanye fan ever since the first cd. For people who have followed him since college dropout its very easy to sympathize with his career and appreciate (and put up with...) all the freak outs, rants etc. that have pretty much made this album.

Kanye was always kinda unstable but i think he might actually be going insane...

Kanye: So what inspired you to have that pink tank on your last tour? That was amazing, when you were sitting on top of the army tank.
Rihanna: I love to combine femininity with a kind of extreme masculine egde, and I felt like the tank is just not a typical thing that you think of when you think of a girl — or in any kind of relation to a girl. Then we made it hot pink. We just added that touch.
Kanye: I mean, people really need to see a photograph — the entire tank was pink. That was a great piece of commercial pop art. Was the idea of that to kind of portray an American Dream — like the fantasy of a this hot black girl sitting on a top of a pink tank?
Rihanna: I never actually thought of it like that.
Kanye: How does it feel to know that you could have any man in the world. Or woman. How does it feel to know that you can turn straight women gay?
Rihanna: Is that a real question?
Kanye: Yeah.
Rihanna: Well … Thank you. I don’t know how to feel about that. I guess that’s flattering.
Kanye: But just to have that level of power. How do deal with it? No one woman should have that much power.

and that 10.0 pitchfork review was always inevitable

more of same interview

Last edited: