Dropboxing the Dissensian Music?

you

Have thought about this for a while.

Would anyone be up for launching a drop box folder for dissensus ( I have one and will happily send you invites - I get more space )?

Then we can all share files.

Metal
Dubstep
Jazz
Experimental

Would be the first 4 to spring to mind.....

Thoughts?

you

thats good!

If you PM me ill send you some log in details - I'd like to refer you if pos ( if you haven't joined already. ).

Then we could go about setting up folders and inviting people.

Sorry if I appear at it eager - im not spamming, just found it to be a nice way to discover new music

you

PM me an email address you want to use, ill send your invites and sort access to a set of dissensus folders

you

To the 4 or 5 who have PM'd me - I've sent invites and given you access to all 4 folders. Jorges Bataille is me.

If you're reading this post and haven't got anything from me please PM me once more.

Sorry for not replying to each PM - thought I'd just announce it here, coz I iz lazy.

Feel free to check out my new blog Feynmans Echo by the way....

Last edited:

Leo

got it, all set up, thanks for doing this. i too am not sure i'll have much to share that others don't already have but will give it some thought.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Feel free to check out my new blog Feynmans Echo by the way....

Great design. Interesting content. Well done.

Oh, and on the subject of downloading files, does anyone know what I need to get around the fact that Media Player doesn't recognise, therefore won't open, things I download from personal sites? It handles stuff from proper stores. I've tried searching for an answer but not found one.

Last edited:

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
Windows Media Player, yes....er...well...excuse my technical ignorance, but, you know the downloads people offer on sites, that take you to a file-sharing site - sorry - that's vague, I know, but I have never bothered trying to determine the actual nature of what I'm downloading. I'm hoping there's a facility I can download that'll allow me to open them. I do know there are different types of, um, files (?).

Oh, and thanks for the link. I shall spend the next two days trying to make sense of the issue.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Great design. Interesting content. Well done.

Oh, and on the subject of downloading files, does anyone know what I need to get around the fact that Media Player doesn't recognise, therefore won't open, things I download from personal sites? It handles stuff from proper stores. I've tried searching for an answer but not found one.

VLC media player (just google it) opens almost everything. As for getting Windows MP to recognise it, not sure...

Pandiculate

I recommend foobar2000 as a music player, very lightweight.

Or winamp if you want something easy to use, foobar is kind of technical.

Leo

this is my first use of dropbox, a couple of dumb questions:

- when someone uploads a file, does the file actually get loaded directly into the folder on my hard drive, or is it instead placed in a remote dropbox folder from which i download the file, if i want it?

- and if i delete a file i see in the folder on my computer, does it remove the file from everyones folders?

- can i create a secure folder for my personal use (work stuff) that only i can access, or would i need to set up my own account?

thanks.

you

Hi Leo

I am by no means an expert but.....ill have a go

Its basically online storage - you have to invite people to share the files with you.

I have other folders, but I havent invited people to share them, so you dissensians will only have access to the ones I've requested to share with you.

When someone uploads a file it sits online until you open/download it, so if you want to play an itunes track itunes will automatically pop it into your library..... on your hard drive.

If you delete a folder in dropbox you delete it for everyone - because its the same online folder everyone is sharing.

Any tech guys - please correct me if i'm wrong.

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
Oh, I thought I was popular when I signed into my email.
Turns out it was just a million messages from dropbox.

Edit: Will get it hactually set up tonight.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

I'm on board now, it looks really cool. Have added a couple of wee things already in the Misc box.

Can we have a folder for dance music/electronic music or something? Then I could really start sharing good stuff.

sufi

lala
I'm on board now, it looks really cool. Have added a couple of wee things already in the Misc box.

Can we have a folder for dance music/electronic music or something? Then I could really start sharing good stuff.

i think you can just create one, then you need to invite sharers

Sufi Lala shared "Dissensus Misc" with you said:
Dropbox
Sufi wants to share some files with you using Dropbox.

View the "Dissensus Misc" folder here.

Enjoy!
- The Dropbox Team
does that work?