visually compelling rap videos

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
i found this on the road rap thread, but im well into this video, aesthetically at the other end of the scale from the ghetto fabulous stuff, but the lofi mobile phone editing grittiness of this is really inspiring

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

check out the muzzleflash gif's coming from their fingers, and the way theyve sort of blocked out the sky to make it look like its night time...

heres another one from the same guy off of youtube

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
sixty40's video for the harmonix 313 track is the thing that's inspired me most hiphop video wise for a while

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

just technically, i don't like the track or the content much. which is a shame.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
Oh, how could I forget? This is one of my favourite rap videos. It's pretty much the opposite of the poppin' bottles in the club in 16mm film aesthetic you mostly see now. It's got this whole subterranean Morlock vibe to it. Meth's weird contact lens in one eye? Perfect.

And while we're talking about Morlocks and shit, I suppose I couldn't really end this post without including this one:

stephenk

re: hype williams, not a rap video, but belly is amazing and definitely the best rap movie ever...although killa season is kind of awesome too and baller blockin is pretty funny...

the opening is too good

embedding is disabled but...

luka

I love this one. You see this on Facebook a lot and I know some people who have fallen for it. It's how you promote a kind of pyramid scheme. You have your 'top salesman' pictured in mansions, getting bottle service in clubs, stepping out of Bentleys and so on.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I love this one. You see this on Facebook a lot and I know some people who have fallen for it. It's how you promote a kind of pyramid scheme. You have your 'top salesman' pictured in mansions, getting bottle service in clubs, stepping out of Bentleys and so on.

I have a strange obsession with DJ Khaled and his Keys. Comedy for days.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Look at this fucking cover
29429181._UY1200_SS1200_.jpg