fairly mainstream albums you didn't know about until recently

don_quixote

Trent End
i guess i hadn't even heard of eno's "here come the warm jets" (i knew some of the songs), but i found it on spotify and thought i would check it out. i love it love it love it. have been listening to it non-stop since last thursday.

how backwards am i?

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
I discovered Rumours and Tusk a couple of years ago. Changed my life. Plus Lindsey Buckingham's solo records, but nobody seems to talk about those.

Leo

i went through a phase last year where i bought a half-dozen pet shop boys cds, never had any of their stuff before. perhaps not on par with fleetwood mac for popularity, but they're pretty mainstream, right?

best part is all the cds were in the dollar bin, nice when your personal tastes coincide with when everyone else is tired of a band and dumping their cds on the used market.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I discovered Rumours and Tusk a couple of years ago. Changed my life. Plus Lindsey Buckingham's solo records, but nobody seems to talk about those.

Same. But don't talk about the solo records, remember? ;)

There must be tons of things I discovered late. I wasn't very familiar with the Beatles until I was 18...

crackerjack

Station To Station. I had an allergic reaction to Bowie as a kid after too many of my mates went doolally over him. Only grudgingly starting to accept they had a point. This album is particularly magnificent.