People Just Do Nothing (Kurupt FM)

zhao

there are no accidents
more british humor not sure if i get. :rolleyes:

so these boys are making fun of inner city youths and their talk of the streets and bouroghs or what?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
The original was a great piece of documentary, I don't like the pisstake, it's unnecessary. Like you said, caricature, and it really didn't need it. The people in the original are far sharper and bleaker, I don't know what remaking it was for, aside from to dumb it down and do exactly what they're taking the piss out of, nothing. Wasted time and energy. Like no-one who was watching didn't get the 'joke' in the first place.

FairiesWearBoots

it is weird that they are (in many ways) so faithful to the documentary & characters -
like Bandshell I saw the pisstake first, which made me laugh, and then I saw the og which obv was true and more poignant and then it wasnt quite the same,

alex

Do not read this.
rhyming galatasaray with selassie >>>>>>>

although watching the original, it's down to guys like him with that determination and ability to keep things moving, why UK Dance music has mutated to it's current point. Mission B, Supplier, Rat, all hardworking Radio guys who risk their lives climbing on rooves etc and running from old bill just to keep the underground entertained.

Last edited:

bandshell

Grand High Witch
"They think that I won't chop their fackin' nose off like Van Gogh... literally just rip it off with my hand."

I watched Tower Block Dreams earlier. Really enjoyed it. I can see what you're saying Sloane and I agree, but I still find it hilarious.

continuum

smugpolice
I watched Tower Block Dreams earlier. Really enjoyed it. I can see what you're saying Sloane and I agree, but I still find it hilarious.

Watching Tower Block Dreams at the moment. Can't believe I haven't seen it before. Not sure on the more recent People Just Do Nothing. Strange pastiche of TBD and Ali G. Is funny though.