Have ANY of you heard about this supposed Pink Floyd/Marvin Gaye collaboration album?

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
The story goes that there was a Pink Floyd/Marvin Gaye collaborative project put together on the spur of the moment (possibly aided by the usage of drugs) in Europe back in the days. I'd heard these out there rumors/legends about something to this effect happening during my record store days in the 90's but I dismissed the folks that told the story as crazy old brain fried hippies (great band name BTW).

After the 5th or 6th time another old New England record nut/former hippie told the story with slighty more details I began to wonder. I hadn't heard anything about this supposed record since 1999 & when I recently began seeing news of it pop up on different music sites I frequent I was instantly like "WHAT. THE. FUCK?". Here's the website. I don't know what to think. Part of me hopes it's real just for the fuck of it: http://harvestingheritage.com/?p=12#more-12

One.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Sounds like the back-story to a soon to be released Pink Gaye (now there's a name) mash-up album but I'd love it if it were true, however bad the actual album was.

Leo

this is news to me. the youtube clip on that blog sure sounds like a mashup but it's only :21 long, so who knows. it's a weird pairing.

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
Music & drugs brought quite a few odd pairings together in the 60's & 70's...

Same could potentially be said for this project. The release date is supposedly close. When I heard that Death's EP & LP was finally going to be released after 30+ years of being "lost" that was a coup & a half...

One.

crackerjack

A friend posted this on FB a month or so back and consensus was that it was a hoax, a bit of pre-hype for the mash-up. Certainly Divided Soul makes no mention of a gig with Floyd, and the writer knew him best during that Antwerp era.

So I wouldn't get too excited. Plus Pink Floyd suck big dog's cock, so it'd be rubbish anyway.

gumdrops

nah this is totally bogus.

im more interested in hearing the stuff rick james did with neil young (which far as i know, still hasnt been released).

Poisonous Dart

Lone Swordsman
I heard about THAT around the same time as this!

nah this is totally bogus.

im more interested in hearing the stuff rick james did with neil young (which far as i know, still hasnt been released).

That too. I guess we'll all see when the official release happens, huh? *Kanye shrug*

One.