My Techno

rivetrenuck

Dear all,

Spent the last 2 days swamped in some of the finest techno, atleast in my opinion. But i have to seperate them into 2 different categories. Dark Category and Soul Category. None of which is better then the other.

DARK

Most of the stuff that fall under this category comes from the UK's very own Downwards Label, some from Tresor, and a couple of other

Regis : Gayscene, Gymnastics,
Female
Surgeon
Sandwell District
Oscar Mulero
Ancient Methods

Ill link up some crazy live sets by these guys if anyone is interested.

SOUL

This is what i really want to explore more of.

This began when i baught the 14 tracks Deep into Move D. It blew me away!
Then went to his soundcloud page and downloaded a coople of livesets. They are quite different from his own productions but I LOVE THEM! too bad this guy doesnt give us a tracklist to go by, All of his sets are like a treasure trove! and of course he has mixed them so well!.

Here is one track that i have managed to get from the comments in soundcloud.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IhIUoeVdlKk" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Move D is owning my eardrums at the moment, and possibly even my soul. :cool:

I would love to go deeper into this sound of thing. Would really love some hints to where I can find more. Record labels, Tracks, Dj's.

Thank you all and Thank you Move D.

Love n Peace

wise

bare BARE BONES
Not sure if this is what yr after, but for my ears this is one of the most beautiful emotive techno tunes

Must be heard on decent speakers, when the bass drops, mmmmmm, rush!

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
MoveD is the business.
Here is a set he did over here a while back.

Check out TR-One/BrokenAudioMovement if you get a chance.
Good mix from one of them here

Will post more later

stephenk

yeah move d is fantastic. so is that discreet unit track.
i love that stuff too, but the lines between higher-bpm deep house and techno get kind of blurry...i can definitely recommend steffi (her forthcoming album on ostgut is great, and check out the instrumental dub of "kill me") and cassy, as well as fred p./black jazz consortium, dexter, tevo howard's "move". just off the top of my head.

rivetrenuck

Kassem Mosse

Came across another minimalist?

Karrem Mosse, I like it,

<div><object width="300" height="300"><param name="movie" value=""></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><param name="flashVars" value="feed="></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="feed=" width="300" height="300"></embed></object><div style="clear:both; height:3px;"></div><p style="display:block; font-size:12px; font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; margin:0; padding: 3px 4px 3px 4px; color:#999;"><a href="" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;">Fact Mix 190: Kassem Mosses</a> by <a href="http://www.mixcloud.com/FACTMixArch...utm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=profile_link" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;">Fact Mix Archive</a> on <a href="http://www.mixcloud.com/?utm_source...tm_campaign=base_links&utm_term=homepage_link" style="color:#02a0c7; font-weight:bold;"> Mixcloud</a></p><div style="clear:both; height:3px;"></div></div>

rivetrenuck

NWAQ

Also brings to mind slightly more "flury" Techno like Newworldaquarium

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/R3p3ZdnmCYA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iGBqrvV9fH4" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>

Lush!

zhao

there are no accidents
new Soul Center album says that Thomas Brinkmann is still king of this so called minimal. and shame on anyone who had any doubts.

rivetrenuck

Neva heard of Thomas Brinkmann, on the research right now.

But was on the train today listening to Anti Social Entertainment from Rinse, This maybe absurd but it definitely is similar to all these sounds! only with more emphasis on the percussions or the lack of? Will try to find examples. These guys dont tracklist either

Leo

Neva heard of Thomas Brinkmann, on the research right now.

unlike the latest soul center cd, his previous soul center stuff is made up of samples, so probably not exactly what you're talking about. maybe best to go with his "rosa" cd, a collection of his 12" singles on max ernst.

rivetrenuck

unlike the latest soul center cd, his previous soul center stuff is made up of samples, so probably not exactly what you're talking about. maybe best to go with his "rosa" cd, a collection of his 12" singles on max ernst.

Yeah, I did check him out, and really love his work!, its amazing!. I have already baught a couple of albums.

But its not really what I am looking for in relation to this sound.

skull kid

"They have far better taste than Phillip Sherburne."

maybe so, but unlike p sherburne, the ssg boys can't write for shit

Leo

They have far better taste than Phillip Sherburne.

to each his own. i'll stick up for philip, i respect his tastes and have been turned on to lots of good stuff from his writings. his tastes may differ from yours, but that doesn't necessarily equate to better or worse.