Hip Hop '11

gumdrops

thats the best clipse thing ive heard in ages. the last album just passed me by. seemed to be really pointless. was worried about them. still fucking hate pharrell though. 50 used to be the man tbh - was listening to some old g unit mixtapes recently - forgot how good he was. get rich or die trying is actually underrated these days bizarrely - 50s gradual falling off has made ppl forget why he was worth caring about.

Last edited:

FairiesWearBoots

Pharell/Neptunes were amazing when they started tho' - they brought new levels to hip hop

anyone remember Superthug? "neptunes, I got a cocker spaniel'

Pharell lost his way when he met Nigo

FairiesWearBoots

thats the best clipse thing ive heard in ages. the last album just passed me by. seemed to be really pointless. was worried about them. still fucking hate pharrell though. 50 used to be the man tbh - was listening to some old g unit mixtapes recently - forgot how good he was. get rich or die trying is actually underrated these days bizarrely - 50s gradual falling off has made ppl forget why he was worth caring about.

50s 'Guess who's back' was great - really fucking raw

gumdrops

with a few exceptions, pharrell should just never be allowed to record his voice (did like the first nerd album a lot though).

this saigon album deserves more attention imo. could do with less guests, but just blaze went all out on it, and i like how topical saigon gets without being boring. i like the passion. plus he sounds like a grown man (without going into grouchy grown man rap) who doesnt care what you think of what he thinks which is always good.

Last edited:

cobretti

[-] :: [-] ~ [-] :: [-]
Pharrell has ruined far too many Clipse tracks, any time he gets on a track with Pusha or Malice he just sounds so soft by comparison.

outraygeous

Check the play cloths mixtape aswell

not a classic but them classic coke and swagger raps over some current beats.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
i cant listen to odd future to b honeest. love that thing corpse just posted tho. really really love it. corpsey do you hav get rich or die trying or not? you should have it if you dont.

Yeah, bought it on CD the day it come out I think... or the week at least. Loved ''In The Club'' and still do. Listened to it again recently and was surprised at how good it is. This track especially:

'Guess Who's Back' is also very good, I think he sounded nastier before he got shot in the jaw, although that slight slur to his voice after the shooting does actually give him a distinctive voice, kinda works in a weird way. But his voice sounds different on that Pusha T tune, and on this tune that he gave out recently:

Also I always thought 'Massacre' must be shite because the cover's so bad and he had fallen off a bit by then but this tune, produced by Hi Tek, is great, so I probably should give it a go: