Hip Hop '11

Benny Bunter

Those Drought and Dedication Lil Wayne tapes are brilliant, Young Jeezy Trap or Die Gangsta grillz edition is great. When I first came across datpiff I thought, thats it, I never need to buy anymore hip hop ever again. Would also be keen to hear recommendations, there's just too much stuff there.

Does that list mean Wiz Khalifa's OJ and Kush is their most popular tape, or are they not in any order?

edit: best one I heard recently was this Gucci Mane one: http://www.datpiff.com/Gucci-Mane-The-Mailman-mixtape.171590.html

Last edited:

pantha

Coke Wave 2 is terrible offcuts and poor mixdowns.

Coke Wave 1, however, that is the bollocks.

pointless to argue over music really but C'mon!!

the tape is better than any hiphop album from the last few years.

back to '11 tho:

Benny Bunter

Seriously, grab the Domo-Kun mixtape asap, the production especially is fucking brilliant. Check that bassline!

Last edited:
C

captain easychord

I've just joined Dat Piff, have already downloaded a great Lil Boosie mixtape from 2009 ('The Return of Mr. Wipe Me Down').

This is a list of their all-time highest rated mixtapes http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-popular.php?filter=all&sort=rating Any recommendations from these?

2 of my all time favourite tapes:

Gucci Mane w/ DJ Burn One - Chicken Talk (absolutely essential Gucci from 2006, right after the release of 'Hard to Kill', him at the peak of his powers IMO, after this it was all downhill)

Curren$y - Life at 30 000 feet (I think this is the last Curren$y tape before he split with Young Money Worth downloading alone for 'Lay My Organz Down').

hint

party record with a siren
Young L is next level with his beats. He should be a bigger deal than he is.

Greg Enemy:

Kipp Stone:

Irv Da Phenom:

This is ok but loses its way after the first minute or so:

CrowleyHead

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/f4r1XmXpCUI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is actually from early '10, but I didn't discover it 'till months ago... But MY GOD. First NYC record to make me go "HOOOOOOLY" in years. Dude on the 1st verse reminds me of Giggs for some reason.

outraygeous

this guy is funny and knows his cold cuts

been watching more of his cooking than his rapping!

and that diamond chick is swag but id bash her back doors in

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

'Vigilante Season' album coming March 29th

first tune to leak off Wiz's 'Rolling Papers', pretty good - hope the rest of the album's in this style

pretty standard club banger beat but definitely worth a listen/head-bang

Last edited:

alex

Do not read this.
that max b one is so addictive, thanks for posting corps, havent stopped listening to it, the chorus is too much

Corpsey

bandz ahoy

Based God vs. The Big Dog has to be coming soon.

Speaking of Westwood O.B.E., does anyone listen to his show anymore? I used to listen to it back in the late 90's/early 00's but never since then, but thinking about it it might be a good place to hear new stuff without the deep psychological scarring involved in looking through youtube/blogs for it. Also I'd like to hear Westwood drop a huge bomb and scream ''Nyeahhhhhhhhhhhhhyahhhh!''