hi-fi separates racks

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I'm looking to get some kinda hi-fi separates rack to house CD player, amp, pre-amp, record deck, maybe tape deck, too. Googling them, they mostly look like the kind of appalling glass and steel constructions which only suit a Michael Mann film. Anyone recommend any manufacturers etc?

I thought the wooden ones at www.hifiracks.co.uk didn't look too bad.

nomos

Administrator
depending on your budget/needs, ikea's made a few end tables and stands that neatly fit 19" gear. some are easily stackable and some have room for rackmount rails if need be. but those podium ones look a lot nicer.

stevied

If you are on a budget then get something from IKEA. But the ones from HiFi racks are really good and relatively affordable because you can pay a lot more for equipment supports (for example, Fraim, it's beautiful but really expensive). Slightly pricier than Hifi Racks but also very nice is Isoblue. I ordered a two level Podium rack last week, however. The people who make them seem very friendly. Takes about 4 weeks for delivery. Thanks very much!

you

Does anyone have any tips for a nice work desk??? I've tried google but only hideous websites and ugly desks come up..... I'm after something 45-60 inches wide, but not too deep, a full length sliding keyboard ( all my crap ) tray and....most importantly.. it needs to be really robust, the one im using now wobbles and annoys me.

Also, I have no desire whatsoever for cabinets, PC trays, drawers or anything like that, I dont need to keep anything down there and I want to swing my legs.

Suggestions?

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
My ex-girlfriend had a really great idea. She took a regular door, sanded down a side of it, bolted one side of it to the wall and the other side of it to a waist-height table cabinet of drawers. The desk ends up being about 10 feet long and, as weird as it may sound, looked perfectly normal. The result is a massive, sturdy desk that costs a fraction of what it would cost to by something similar and hard to come by.