Sovereign
y tribe
K warren
Agent X
DJ Deller
KMA
Stone Kold Joints
Large joints

...and probably a ton of others. But I stand by the final 15 that made the cut.

Last edited:

Benny Bunter

I am genuinely interested in the results of this cos I think the field is pretty much wide open, whereas with the Grime one everyone knew Wiley would win.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I went for Tuff Jam. I'm actually more into the 4x4 garage than the 2 step generally, and Tuff Jam were masters of 4x4. Actually though it was a pretty uninformed opinion.

Benny Bunter

Tuff Jam are a good choice and I think 4x4 garage is well represented in the list, I hope.

Had to stay away from the dark 4x4/early dubstep/grime side of things as I really think of that as a different era, so no Narrows, Sticky, So Solid made it on there as much as I love them.

I plumped for Dem 2 but really all of these producers get 10/10 for me.

@wise: Imagine there is a gun to your head and you have to pick one

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
At least 7 of those names where/are complete untouchable masters at what they do.

Gurley, Zed, MJ Cole and Tuff Jam were all so prolific on top of everything else.
And El-B's slinkyness just takes the piss.

wise

bare BARE BONES
I think they're all masters at what they do.
If you're counting Groove Chronicles & El-B as one then they've got to take it just by sheer weight of amazing tunes. Although it does gall me a bit to vote for them as they get so much praise from the dubsteppers and there are many amazing producers on that list who don't get enough attention these days.
Still if i've got to pick with a gun to my head that's it.

sorry Chris Mack (I still love you too)

Last edited:

Bunj

Voted for Gurley outta the list, got that perfect balance between light and dark.

Id say my favourite garage producer is Sticky tho.

I've only really been into garage the past few years since The Roots of EL-B came out and most of my other garage listening has come from those United Vibes mixes and YouTube so my opinion is pretty worthless compared to you garage vetties but Ive got to say for me personally its the Groove Chronicles lot.

luka

i had to go dem 2 who im sure will end up winning. im the opposite of corpsey. all my mates were into garage in 96 but i thought it was boring and didnt really properely love it till 2 step times. i usd to try and like it but it was beyond me bar a few of the massive hits. the rosie gaines and so on....

gumdrops

that tuff jam key dub is very good. i dont know who the best garage producer is as apart from the bigger tunes, i only got into it retrospectively after grime came around. id prob vote wookie (and/or the x-men cos they did a lot of really amazing remixes). if joker produced garage i imagine it would have been similar to wookie. plus i heard a new track he did the other day and that was surprisingly good too. so hes still got it clearly (fallin with ny was obv amazing also). but for storm, scrappy, down on me, little man and a million other remixes (i love the mya one), hes got to be one of the best.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Still no votes for MJ Cole or Zed Bias.. :slanted:

Although it does gall me a bit to vote for them as they get so much praise from the dubsteppers and there are many amazing producers on that list who don't get enough attention these days.

This is a good point and not that there is anything wrong with the ghost stuff but I nearly prefer the other half of his stuff at this stage.

Il probably end up throwing mine to New Horizons in the end.

wise

bare BARE BONES
not that there is anything wrong with the ghost stuff but I nearly prefer the other half of his stuff at this stage.

Yeah i'm not crazy about a lot of the Ghost stuff to be honest, Groove Chronicles were amazingly consistent but like a lot of Dubstep lauded garage I don't really ever need to hear them again.
They've been a bit played to death.
At the moment i'm loving El-Bs hookier stuff, his poppier remixes and vocal stuff.
I like my darkness off set with a bit of light.
Tracks like Ghetto Girl, Show A Little Love, El-Brand, his Kushti Kutz 12" etc

this one is a Ghost tune but it's so much more colourful than the rest
I think this is mislabelled and it's actually called El-B's Konga mix

This ones so damn uplifting & cheesy :D:D:D:D