New Jack Swing

Benny Bunter

Don't think theres been a thread yet has there?

Anyway, been listening to loads of this stuff recently. So many great songs and the beats are sooo funky and swinging. So many hits! But I'm not an expert on this music so I'd love to know who was great apart from Teddy Riley, and expect some of you lot to pull out some more obscure stuff for me.

Doesn't hurt to start off with a few classics though...

Teddy's jam

Kissing game

Dont walk away

New jack swing

Remember the time

Shes got that vibe

I want her (can only find the instrumental for some reason)

Over to you...

nomos

Administrator
we had a little interlude on the RnB thread but that's about it i think.

i was very much a hip-hop guy when this stuff was current so it was sort of like The Forbidden Music - catchy, sexy, etc. but, you know, not real like hip-hop. so much time wasted not enjoying things that were just fun. :rolleyes:

Client Eastwood

Men in baggys pant and laddies in punani riders. lol. I used to have loads of this stuff. First one that comes to my head. Ill try to post some more tom.

Benny Bunter

This is immortal.

Been trying to get into Jodeci, alot of its a little too slimey for me, but I like this track a fair bit. What else is good by them?

same with Bobby Brown. Surely he must have better tracks than this, but which ones?

Benny Bunter

^ ha ha excellent, never seen that before. Great chase scene!

More dubbed out Teddy Riley

The beats on these tunes are quite monstrous

hint

party record with a siren
The Good Girls - Just Call Me (love this beat). They do so well until the fringed jackets come out.

Riff - Judy Had A Boyfriend

Immature! ;) Amazing hats.

Last edited:

gumdrops

apologies if some of these have already been posted.

i wonder what happened to tammy lucas. always thought she should have recorded more.

jodecis 2nd album is good - they cant quite decide between being lovermen and gangstas but its one of the best R&B albums of that period. this is one of their more uptempo tracks -

Last edited:

gumdrops

this ones kinda industrial, from around the new jack swing period-
their best stuff was in the mid-late 80s imo tho.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
The DJ Anonymous mix craner/luka posted up is sooo good.

Especially this tune

Funny I remember a lot of these tunes from when I was a kid and didn't even know such a thing as 'New Jack Swing' existed.