Osama Bin Laden dead

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Official announcement timed to coincide 8 years to the day of Bush's "mission accomplished" speech.

Roll on 2012

Dr Awesome

Techsteppin'
222488_1761820683014_1163979386_31645542_695304_n.jpg

IdleRich

IdleRich
It does seem strange that they disposed of the body so quickly. Not in a "oh because it's fake" way but because you would have thought that they would have taken any possible steps to prevent people saying that - although there are no steps that would work totally of course.
That tune - can't have just been knocked up today, they must have been holding that killer back ready to release it whenever the news broke.

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Apparently the whole thing was streamed live to the Pentagon.
It was a shoot to kill not capture mission. No chance of a trial or anything silly like that.

nochexxx

harco pronting
It does seem strange that they disposed of the body so quickly. Not in a "oh because it's fake" way but because you would have thought that they would have taken any possible steps to prevent people saying that - although there are no steps that would work totally of course.

perhaps i've been watching too many black-metal docs but i reckon they disposed of the body quickly to stop anyone from discovering the brutal torture they more than likely carried out prior to death.

IdleRich

IdleRich
You can imagine that they might think he knows a few things that they want to know.

Shoot to kill missions - what's the legal status of that? I mean, he's the most wanted man on their wanted list but that doesn't prove him guilty of anything in itself. It seems everyone is so excited about his death that no-one is talking about that kind of thing. You might have thought that if there were only a few people there then there was a realistic chance of capturing him alive.

Phaedo

I wonder what else is going on this week that meant the NOW was the right time. Republican's must be gutted.

computer_rock

Apparently he was 'buried' at sea so not to create a grave/shrine. It was done so quickly (within 48 hours) so to be in accordance with Islamic tradition.

rrrivero

perhaps i've been watching too many black-metal docs but i reckon they disposed of the body quickly to stop anyone from discovering the brutal torture they more than likely carried out prior to death.
I might have been watching too much Six Feet Under lately, but I'm pretty sure the US government has the technology to hide all marks of torture for a photo shoot.

There are a ton of loose ends to this thing though for instance how the fuck could Osama reside essentially next to a military academy?

Abbottabad is essentially a military cantonment city in Pakistan, in the hills to the north of the capital of Islamabad, in an area where much of the land is controlled or owned by the Pakistan Army and retired army officers. Although the city is technically in what used to be called the Northwest Frontier Province, it lies to the far eastern side of the province and is as close to Pakistani-held Kashmir as it is to the border city of Peshawar. The city is most notable for housing the Pakistan Military Academy, the Pakistan Army’s premier training college, equivalent to West Point.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/newsdesk/2011/05/notes-on-the-death-of-osama-bin-laden.html <- more to be found in this article here

Nick Kristof's been tweeting some interesting bits: "Look at the forms required in Pakistan for building a home: http://bit.ly/ltvXtw (via @Takhallus) And ISI [Pakistani intelligence agency] didn't know?"

Last edited: