Podcast/Spoken-Word/Lecture thread

slowtrain

Feel free to shut this down and redirect me if there is already one of these but...

I've been on a bit of a 'spoken word' kick lately - I mean lectures, interviews that sort of thing.

Ubuweb is good, but i'd like to check out more philosophy and literature style things.

Anyone got any good recommendations?

you

itunesU is great for this sort of stuff, Check out hubert dreyfus' lectures on existentialism.

zhao

there are no accidents

alex

Do not read this.
both the guardian's science weekly and the royal society's science ones come highly recommended

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Could be of interest to resident horror-nerds: The Lairs of Cthulhu - fantastic public lecture on the relationship between Lovecraft and archaeology, by an actual archaeologist. Loads of great peripheral stuff about the complex and politically loaded relationship between material culture and ideas of nationhood.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Could be of interest to resident horror-nerds: The Lairs of Cthulhu - fantastic public lecture on the relationship between Lovecraft and archaeology, by an actual archaeologist. Loads of great peripheral stuff about the complex and politically loaded relationship between material culture and ideas of nationhood.

Listened to this today, enjoyed it a lot.

Keep 'em (podcasts) coming.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/

Marc Maron (american stand-up comedian) interviews over 200 comedians here. They tend to talk about a lot of stuff other than comedy. Its a bit like therapy. Comedians are all so neurotic. Sometimes annoying but often fascinating and funny.

Phaedo

http://wtfpod.libsyn.com/

Marc Maron (american stand-up comedian) interviews over 200 comedians here. They tend to talk about a lot of stuff other than comedy. Its a bit like therapy. Comedians are all so neurotic. Sometimes annoying but often fascinating and funny.

hah, how weird. i came across these tonight been enjoying them alot. anyone got any other good interviewers?