What was the last musical moment that gave you a physical rush....

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
...and made you jump up and down (literally or just inside) about how fantastically exciting music can be?

Mine would be about half an hour ago when I was listening to Diplo's 'Favela on Blast' and the speeded-up rip of 'Bittersweet Symphony' came in (right at the end of the mix), underneath manic, stretched-out Brazilian-Portuguese declamations which I wish I understood... absolute bliss, just like the first time I heard a hardcore record all those years ago. :)

Dubquixote

Submariner
ahh, those moments seem to have been more frequent than usual lately...

most recently upon hearing this completely fantastic screwed and chopped version of cam'ron's "purple haze" the other night.

same for loefah's amazing remix of "crackbong" by d1. on the whole the mystikz/loefah camp have produced an incredible volume of wow moments in the past year.

DavidD

can't be stopped
I was smoking up with some friends last night and this s&c version of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" came on the computer, it was wonderful.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Bloody hell, another one today -

Rich Boy - When Niggas Get to Poppin'

This is most undoubtedly song of the year so far.

luka

a couple of weeks ago when i decided i wanted to hear john legend's used to love you.
i thought, i'll switch on 1xtra, its bound to be playing that song, and i switched it on and it was the opening bars, that gave me a physical rush, i still love that song

stelfox

Beast of Burden
DavidD said:
I was smoking up with some friends last night and this s&c version of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" came on the computer, it was wonderful.

god, i'd second the whole mix you're talking about. i've totally fallen in love with it, especially the end of the 1st disk, where it goes from O by ciara and luda, via the instrumental into beautiful by christina aguilera - just outrageously good.
then there's walking into a little hole-in-the-wall ragga mixtape shop in clinton hill, brooklyn to the sound of an absolutely killer stone love set, djing and slipping latino pride by sal parm and dj skribble on and seeing it go off just like i thought it should, future and rapid on ruff sqwad's guns n roses cd, pretty much the whole of jah cure's freedom blues album...
music's good.

robin

dancing to the sky was pink track by james holdem at a party recently is the first thing that came to mind

also listening to ready to die for the first time in a while,and laughing stock by talk talk were both almost overwhelming experiences

believekevin

Watching these high school students create a TAZ moment at a recent talent show. Having planned a complex dance sequence to a top40 hiphop medley, they were instructed not to use the 'Candyshop' vocal because of inappropriate lyrics. However, on the night of the performance, so many kids in the audience love the song that they sang along to the instrumental as the group on stage went through their steps! It was a stunning, unintentional subversion based on their shared love of that song!

I pegged it as a half-assed "Magic Stick" redux until that moment.

Dubquixote

Submariner
Re: 50

believekevin said:
so many kids in the audience love the song that they sang along to the instrumental as the group on stage went through their steps! It was a stunning, unintentional subversion based on their shared love of that song!

I pegged it as a half-assed "Magic Stick" redux until that moment.

So OTM. Same goes for Disco Inferno I think. I don't know what it is about 50. When you try and listen to his music critically it's difficult to put your finger on anything very exciting about it. But in a social context, whether at a party or blasting out of a car's system, or in a store, there's just something so epic about it. Nothing is guaranteed to hype a party every time. There's a strange gravitas to his flows and his voice - a sense of danger and pressure.

echevarian

babylon sister
The last rush I've had was from a track by Virgo called Monster.

Its the first dub on the Kode 9 Babel mix up on his site.

Kind of like Imp Batch it samples some orchestral music,

Peter and the Wolf I think.

Fuckin killer tune,

I've been rhyming over it for a couple of weeks now

I don't know about Candyshop, I find it kind of depressing.

Its wartime music, strangely dirge like.

And I never thought such a sexual song could be boring.

I agree about Fifty's voice though.

Its not what he's saying, its the inflection

that makes it listenable

Blackdown

nexKeysound
at Digital Mystikz in Brixton when DMZ's "Neverland" was mixed into DMZ's "Forgive" then Loefah's "Roots" came in...

gabriel

The Heatwave
stelfox - yeah latino pride is basically a physical rush pressed onto vinyl. massive!

other than that, has to be the drop on 'live and do right' by sizzla, especially when heard for the third time after a couple of pull-ups

carlos

manos de piedra
i saw khanate live about a year ago- in a crappy warehouse with an audience of about 15. and the band brought their monstrous sunn and ampeg amps. the walls were shaking- junk was falling from the ceiling. the bass vibarations felt like a weight on my chest. it was truly physical and awesome.

apparently this was not the full amp layout either- since they were touring in a van. i shudder to think what that might sound like.

tox

Factory Girl
Saturday night at the Medicine Bar in Birmingham:

Seiji from Bugz in the Attic dropped their refix of Fela Kuti's Zombie, followed by IG Culture's remix of Sov's Random, which promptly got pulled back twice.... big.

I think it was....

Terror Danjah vs. Skepta (but I don't know what its called) - its not a mash up its an actual tune - I think its pretty old actually but that makes me wanna jus bang my head till it falls off lol

daren

DMBQ playing live last night. The most crazy and over the top band I've seen. There was nothing for me to do but to pump my fists and bob my head.