araab muzik

luka

i never listen to instrumentals but this boy is different. i knew about him from the mpc solo stuff and the dipset connection but i was looking at a tumblr that i am assuming must be sick boys this morning and he had two araab instrumentals that are incredible. startd digging into just the instrumentals on youtube and they're really reeally good to listen to. ach! sent me some other one. he loves them too.

thats ach! selection
this sickboys one
assuming it is sickboy actually might not be i suppose.

luka

i like the epic stadium rock stuff. that comes out a lot on his 'shredding' solo videos.

luka

vocal
begining to realise i could do this all day but i got to go work in 10 minutes and im not even dressed.

Last edited:

luka

last one. i enjoy th strange dragging sensation on this. obv i enjoy the bombast of all of them as bombast is one of my favourite things.

stephenk

anyone know if the first track on this has a title and/or if anyone's rapped on it yet? i know it's one of his live staples, but i want to know what it is.

Sick Boy

All about pride and egos
If by Sick Boy you mean me, it's not because I still don't know what Tumblr is. I'm assuming that makes it impossible for it to be me - but now I'm not so sure.

daddek

weirdly there are no araabmuzik imitators yet (that i know of anyway), compared to say, lex luger who already has tons of people making beats in his style, youtube tutorials on how to replicate his sound palette, etc.

Mov3ment is often very similar. Those 'Dipset Trance Party' (lol) mixtapes have a bunch of araabmuzik-alikes.

Idk the relationship btw araabmuzik and the other producers tho. It could be that one of the lesser known producers influenced the style which he became famous for. I've read suggestions that this was how Lex developed his sound (via Shawty Redd, Southside).. idk how true that is, but it certainly happens a lot in production circles.

either way araab muzik is fucking sick.

Last edited:

gumdrops

thou must not mentionzomby in the same sentence as araabMUZIK

no seriously he almost reminds me of what juke producers do with vocals

i remember seeing videos of him a few years ago

always wondered why he doesnt tour

Last edited:

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
funny, continuum just posted the same vid this morning in another thread. wasn't aware of that.