Sparks and Kie: Fly Bi Megamix

Woebot

Just worked out the title of this track thats being hammered on the pirates, and is poppin up on PAs.

It takes the form of some kind of Mantronix Megamix of 2Step, UK Garage Rap and Grime all built around the accapella of "Fly Bi". Actually it seems to triuph where Grime is struggling at the moment. It's hugely catchy, tuneful and tremendous fun, rolling into one super stoopid groove some of the best moments of the past five years, almost as though this huge crop of oranges could only yield one glass of OJ.

In some ways it's begging the same kind of ambivalent response "Babycakes" got (er, from me at least) but its such irrestistible fun that, well, you can't help by getting swept up in it. Have you heard this?

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
WOEBOT said:
Have you heard this?

No, but I really, really want to.

The fun of garage was something that really attracted it to me when I first started hearing it. Grime is in danger of taking itself way to seriously, and it would be good to ehar some fun stuff back.

Tim F

Haven't heard the "Fly Bi" relick but it sounds like it's motivated by the same impulse that's produced Flirta D's "Hype Hype" (on an '02 Sticky riddim).

Woebot

Tim F said:
Haven't heard the "Fly Bi" relick but it sounds like it's motivated by the same impulse that's produced Flirta D's "Hype Hype" (on an '02 Sticky riddim).

I think you'd rate it Tim. I hear what you're saying about the "reach for the good old days" vibe. Did you catch that Dizzy Rascal "Unknown Genius" track, the one on a Todd Edwards riddim? But it's even cheesier than either of those, its a true bung-in-the-kitchen-sink megamix!

DJL

i'm joking
There are a few of these megamixes where its just 8 bars of seperate tunes one after the other. You can hear the Fly-Bi one on the Uptown Records site (www.uptownrecords.com) in the online store.