Bassline producers experiments.. (UKB? Post-Bassline?)

Littlefoot

Sorry for the horrible use of made up genre names. I try not to start threads, let alone ones that might end in a debate on what to call peoples music in an annoying journo sense.

I'm really feeling some of these weird mashup styles and experiments a lot of the younger Bassline crowd are doing, moving away from 4x4, house structures so not really Bassline House anymore..

Anyone got any hot tips? I really like this direction away from it's rather played out warpy 4x4 speedy G roots..

it's not really grime, it's not really UKG.. it's kinda some skippy sparse messed up new thing..

I found this mix... don't know if it's any good http://www.sendspace.com/file/86h0yq

Benny Bunter

i love this type of stuff. DJ Pantha is the man. Continuum needs to come on here and murk this thread though.

Littlefoot

i love this type of stuff. DJ Pantha is the man. Continuum needs to come on here and murk this thread though.

I like his music in ideas, but a lot them just don't feel finished, the mixdowns lack a lot of punch, I don't think I'd wanna play most of his bits I've heard out unless the tune was just too hot not too, someone can jump in and prove me wrong though.

Benny Bunter

Well bassline's never really been renowned for its high quality mixdowns and production, its always been quite tinny hasn't it.

Dunno if you got that zip of free Pantha tunes a while back (don't have the link handy), but that blew me away. Some of the wildest most bizarre bassline stuff I've heard. I found myself loving the crazy warped LFO basslines when I really thought I'd had enough of that sound for good. Some serious sub on some of em too (see Dam thing-fucked remix for example).

rrrivero

That zip blew me away too, my absolute favourite cd to blast in the car. I am the happiest man in traffic jams, trust

Littlefoot

Check that mix out, it's good, I contacted DJ Apostle and he replied right away too, Ill be dropping some of these tunes in on Saturday on Sub.FM :)

Ory

warp drive
i prefer the solid 4x4 thump of traditional bassline/niche tbh, it loses its relentless drive when you shuffle around the kickdrums. a bit of this is nice to break up the monotony tho.

Bunj

That zip blew me away too, my absolute favourite cd to blast in the car. I am the happiest man in traffic jams, trust

This, apart from I don't have a car. I can never b down when I'm listening to bassline, it just makes me wanna go out or bounce around.
Lovin all this stuff, pantha is the one like. Love OO AA EE but think it sounds too bare without vocals, that vybz kartel vocal remix of it that Elijah gave away is wax tho.