RIP Seth Puttnam

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"The band had a strong anti-conformity ethos, not just in their offensive choice of name but in songs such as Kill Women, Recycling Is Gay and Eazy E Got AIDS from Freddie Mercury"

Could the Guardian be funnier if it tried?

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
"The band had a strong anti-conformity ethos, not just in their offensive choice of name but in songs such as Kill Women, Recycling Is Gay and Eazy E Got AIDS from Freddie Mercury"

Could the Guardian be funnier if it tried?

He was the most bored looking singer I've ever seen, he just held onto the stand and drank and occasionally turned to the mic and screamed into it. It was art.

mistersloane

Sounds like genius.

Yeah it was a little bit of genius. He was also properly, alcoholically drunk - thousand yard stare type, drinking-spirits-all-day-for-the-past-ten-years drunk - which made it all the better. He looked genuinely disgusted by himself, and sounded as if he was too.

And they ended with a cover of this :

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lGBxXOQ6EEY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Art.

Tomm

Gloves Of Metal is my favourite cover version of all time.

He was a wasted human but in the best possible way. I once watched him drink a bottle of Buckfast in 10 seconds and then instantly spew it all over himself before stumbling away without saying anything. Sigh...

mistersloane

Gloves Of Metal is my favourite cover version of all time.

He was a wasted human but in the best possible way. I once watched him drink a bottle of Buckfast in 10 seconds and then instantly spew it all over himself before stumbling away without saying anything. Sigh...

Was it Gloves of Metal? God I must have been drunk.

Love that story. What a god. I think they irrevocably changed my attitude toward metal, there was definitely, for me, a pre and post seeing Anal Cunt watershed.

Tomm

Your Favourite Band Is Supertramp.

better than the manowar version. thats saying a lot from me.

/me prepares to be kvlted and falsecrushed.

mistersloane

Didn't they have a song called You Like Supertramp? That is pretty fucking near to the knuckle!

A quick look for the lyrics reveal :

how many megs of ram do you have in your computer ...
technology's gay
hey, why don't you check out my website at www ...
technology's gay
i love looking at the star trek website, and i eh ...
technology's gay
let me fax you my e-mail address ...
technology's gay

Was it Anal Cunt or Cheetah Chrome Motherfuckers who handed out lyric sheets at one of their gigs? Genius.

Damien

when I saw Anal Cunt play ,he was drunk as fuck and smacked up, being sick everywhere, they had to push him on stage

they (and particularly Seth) proceeded to completely (musically) destroy a venue that I would say was about 75% hostile towards him (for obvious reasons)

I feel privileged to bear witness