Animations - plus list of animators

IdleRich

IdleRich
I've been enjoying loads of animated stuff recently - mainly Starewicz stuff and Tale of Tales as recommended by Gregor (I think it was) in the other thread but also been checking out a few other bits and bobs on youtube (I think a lot of animated films are well-suited to youtube because as a rule they are short enough that they don't require much splitting up and too short to bother buying on a dvd). Anyway, found this list of recommended directors which looks interesting. Will probably check out a load of the ones on here I don't know.

http://alsolikelife.com/shooting/2009/08/100-important-directors-of-animated-short-films/

I watched the one called The Grey Wolf and Little Red Riding Hood which is a kind of communist satire (I mean a satire of communism although it was made in Russia) based around a few fairy tales (mainly one in particular) and which bizarrely contains songs such as Mac The Knife, Jesus Christ Superstar and what sounded like Funeral Tango by Scott Walker/Jacques Brel but with the words changed to fit the script.