Soft Rock

Damien

I reckon Soft Rock (Stadium rock, AOR, whatever) is easily my favourite genre, even more than Trap Rap and Black Metal

Soft rock sends chills down your spine!

Here are some of my favourite tracks:

Post your own!

luka

you should come and live in australia then. this is the only genre of music they are familiar with. even young people, 18, 19, listen exclusively to this genre. it perplexes me.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Though I must confess to a deep and abiding love for Roxy Music's Avalon.

I guess there'c going to be a certain crossover between this and the Yacht Rock thread...

Damien

Dokken!

I presume this thread is tongue in cheek.

I don't mind soft rock. It's alright when you're drunk.

Not tongue in cheek at all unfortunately

I find my favourite tracks are the one's recorded by the big prog groups when they reached the 'downturn' in their careers and 'sold out'. Oh the utter joy of overly-proficient musicians turning it down a dial and chucking out 3 1/2 min pop joy

Give me Owner of a Lonely Heart over Tales from Topographical Oceans any day!

I reckon Foreigner are literally up there in my top 5 artists/groups of any genre ever, I can never get bored of 'em

Toto and Journey are certainly up there too, although all the latest Glee/Journey cover activity makes me a bit uncomfortable I must say

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
Fuck yeah - I am all about this genre. No irony either: just really does it for me.

That Yes track hit me out of nowhere when I heard it a shop last January. Has been a constant favourite since.

Plus all 80s Fleetwood Mac as well as Stevie and Lindsey solo LPs too. Everywhere is one of my favourite pieces of music ever.

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes
I find my favourite tracks are the one's recorded by the big prog groups when they reached the 'downturn' in their careers and 'sold out'. Oh the utter joy of overly-proficient musicians turning it down a dial and chucking out 3 1/2 min pop joy

Seriously behind this statement. But not Genesis.

blacktulip

Pregnant with mandrakes

Also it is a damn shame that King Crimson didn't go further in this direction during the 80s. Though I guess we have:

Fucking amazing guitar part in the middle.

Damien

Seriously behind this statement. But not Genesis.

what about this though

:D

bruno, that 10cc track goes hard, I've been listening to far too much 10cc recently, as well as a load of Alan Parson project records

this track instantly gives me goosebumps, intro is amazing

Last edited: