Amy Amy Amy

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Shit. For all her problems I think I'd started to assume that she was one of those long-term substance abusers who are somehow indestructible. Big talent & a sad loss, RIP.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
after seeing that serbia video i really wondered if it was going to happen soon.

maybe it's for the best?

rip.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
she was a wreck, this was pretty much inevitable. the people around her obviously couldn't do anything and we all know her opinions on rehab.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
i don't think it's a solution. it's more like when someone is in unbearable pain with no apparent way to heal themselves.

muser

seems like she was probably having a pretty good time, just the bits in between and for the family obviously it was pretty miserable.

slim jenkins

El Hombre Invisible
The site of a celebrity death is a strange thing to behold...and this one is just 'round the corner from The Bunker...so I went for a look on my way to buy a 'paper this morning...TV journos preparing for their piece to camera...lots of cops, including four in the gateway (five had just emerged from the house)...a few tourists taking photos...and me, feeling idiotic in my role as observer of the spectacle, so I left...

crackerjack

Sky TV and the Mail had pics of the stretcher, with the outline of the corpse clearly visible beneath the sheet.

All hail the new non-intrusive media dawn. :rolleyes:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
One of the best singers of recent years, easy. Ultimate proof that self-esteem has no relation to worth/talent - so, so sad. And as sloane posted above, she didn't come across as a drug-addled dick either, but a warm, funny human being. In a terrible state, albeit.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/b1DjNgh1vNo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
seems like she was probably having a pretty good time, just the bits in between and for the family obviously it was pretty miserable.

This is the thing though, innit - our media (but especially tabloids) are so sancimonious about [celeb X]'s "drink/drugs hell", whereas if you were to ask X he'd probably tell you that yeah, the stomach pumps and ODs weren't that much fun, but the rest of it was actually pretty cool. Our society at large still disapproves of excess while celebrating it, it's weird.

SecondLine

I dunno, having dabbled in drug use myself I can imagine that hitting it as hard as she did probably has a pretty terrifying dark side which is just waiting to swallow you up...i'd always assumed that's why people continue down that road well beyond the the point of reason (chemical addiction aside of course), because the route out is much more scary.

so yeah, doesn't sound fun to me. But just rabid speculation of course.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
This is the thing though, innit - our media (but especially tabloids) are so sancimonious about [celeb X]'s "drink/drugs hell", whereas if you were to ask X he'd probably tell you that yeah, the stomach pumps and ODs weren't that much fun, but the rest of it was actually pretty cool. Our society at large still disapproves of excess while celebrating it, it's weird.

The sanctimony of British people knows few bounds, tbh.

But agree with SecondLine, definitely a point at which all fun will have evaporated.