Christlo Haas RIP

polystyle

Whoa ...
Christlo Haas , a founding member of DAF and Liasions Dangeruses has passed Oct.24 at age 48 .

I just finished a small rememberence on the little ledge http://DeMeDo.blogspot.com

They just don't make 'em like Christlo , so glad he at least could see the "Liasions" rere come out.
In addition to DAF and LD , CHristlo was in Crime And The City Solution and in '98 released his own minimal techno Album "Low Flow Tension" on Tresor.

Now playing : "Osten wahrt am langsten" , DAF album "Die Kleinen und De Bosen"

48 - that's too damn young ...

Woebot

polystyle des said:
Whoa ...
Christlo Haas , a founding member of DAF and Liasions Dangeruses has passed Oct.24 at age 48 .

Yep its a great pity. People should check out Stuart's reminiscenses at demedo. That whole era of German music is just beginning to get opened out, and its a shame that he won't get the props. Still, as Stu says, it's good that he got to see the LD reissue. I saw Crime and the City Solution ages ago in Glasgow and they were excellent. Actually I think they may have pioneered the move into the Brecht-Weill-ish territory of deconstructed clangorous murksong which Neubauten ended up pusuing. Really intrigued by his LP on Tresor.