tetchno

mpc

wasteman
any recommendations for some nice click house or minimal techno?

i can't find any good new stuff.

something similar to nathan fake - 'dinamo' or some nice superpitcher tracks.

old or new will do.

i remember jabberjaw - 'girlfriend' being very good, but when i finally tracked it down to buy it, i now don't like it.

i can't find anything at all that's good on kompakt extra.

3underscore

Misc - Flow Control
Jeremy P Caulfield's Trapez and Dumb Unit 12"s
Milo - M.Case (ages ago, kompakt distributed)

Otherwise it has gone a bit quiet at the moment. I think the effect of all the "big" albums last year has caused a bit of a dip - more the time to be listening to Alva Noto and things while it's a bit slow on the micro front. So quiet that everyone is hyping Mathew Jonson.

mpc

wasteman
thanks, i'll have a look for those.

it seems as though matthew jonson is the only person who regularly releases records. i guess it's not suprising considering even his rubbish tracks sell out instantly.

S

simon silverdollar

mpc said:
any recommendations for some nice click house or minimal techno?

i can't find any good new stuff.

something similar to nathan fake - 'dinamo' or some nice superpitcher tracks.

old or new will do.

i remember jabberjaw - 'girlfriend' being very good, but when i finally tracked it down to buy it, i now don't like it.

i can't find anything at all that's good on kompakt extra.

have you heard the stuff that lucien nicolet (and someone else) puts out under the name Mon Automme? they did a record called 'introducing light and sound'. it's quite fantastic- better than 'blind behaviour'. it's kind of unjustly ignored, i think: everyone focusses on blind behaviour and 12"s like 'orange mistake', but 'introducing light and sound' is some of the best stuff that lucien nicolet's ever done. very blissy and lush but aimed at the dancefloor as well.

you don't like kompakt extra, john? wow. not even the new m of m speicher? i reckon that's wicked. i like the way the intensity goes up about half way through as all the pieces finally fall into place.

ambrose

not new, and i guess that u already have it, but the spectral heads up reminded me of

Audion - The Pong

f-ing awseome

anyone heard the speicher 26? what does mat jonson deliver there? maybe its like the best of all his work?

mpc

wasteman
simon silverdollar said:
you don't like kompakt extra, john? wow. not even the new m of m speicher? i reckon that's wicked. i like the way the intensity goes up about half way through as all the pieces finally fall into place.

i like a few of the speicher 12"s but they never have 2 good sides. it's always a pretty good track on 1 side and then something really dull on the other.

i'll have a look for you recommendations.

turtles

in the sea
they just had a nice little bunch of tracks over on the stypod (the Utopia Burns section), the tomas andersson track is especially ace. Of course the tracks aren't up anymore (damn you, 3 days only!) but they're all defo recomended.

Also liking: the new dirk leyers 12" on kompakt (the b side is epic, lovely strings) and on a more vocal microhouse-y tip, I've been quite enjoying Geiger - Made in Home #2 on Firm. (actually coupled with that Heiko Voss tune, I think I need to be checking out Firm a bit more...go go kompakt mp3 shop!)

michael

Bring out the vacuum
MP3s?

If you want some free shit, there's some good picks out in net label land. Epsilon Lab might be a good first port of call. There's heaps of sorta post-Chain Reaction type stuff around, including some on Epsilon, but there are also a few artists on there go a bit more clicka-bokka and shuffly and so on. Yeah, clicka-bokka. :)

I reckon some of the stuff by Pheek and Eloi Brunelle is pretty tasty. They've got releases elsewhere too.

Also, this Paul Keeley release opens with a cut up of a certain 80s soft rock hit that I really like.

If you're interested I can ramble more. Or just try Textone. Or you can look at this article I wrote over here, but that's an overview of all flavours of electronics free on the web.

kingofcars

ambrose said:
not new, and i guess that u already have it, but the spectral heads up reminded me of

Audion - The Pong

f-ing awseome

anyone heard the speicher 26? what does mat jonson deliver there? maybe its like the best of all his work?

both the audion releases on spectral are killer! by far the best stuff i've heard on the label...
we need more warbly neo-mentasm!

i've enjoyed the recent few speicher records. the earlier ones are more hit or miss, but the last 3-4 straight have been pretty solid, imo...

Backjob

The Swayzak "Snowblind" EP has an awesome remix of a track called "Another Day" done by Richard Davis - it's like primetime Superpitcher, complete with plaintive vocal. There's also a Mathew Jonson remix! Definitely find this because all three tracks on it are decent, though the Davis one is the best by a long way.