Ringtones

Woebot

Such fun! I have both Bruza's "Get Me" and "Eskimo" on my new mobile! All the white middle-class thirty-somethings are doing it! ;)

I've done mp3s of these two. Check 'em.

WOEBOT said:
Such fun! I have both Bruza's "Get Me" and "Eskimo" on my new mobile! All the white middle-class thirty-somethings are doing it! ;)

I've done mp3s of these two. Check 'em.

I heard a dancehall track on Robbo Ranx last night that was built around the crazy frog thing. The knife cuts both ways.

gabriel

The Heatwave
HMGovt said:
I heard a dancehall track on Robbo Ranx last night that was built around the crazy frog thing. The knife cuts both ways.

oh my god, what was that?? was listening to some pirate a couple months ago and the dj just got obsessed with his crazy frog tone, didn't play any music for about half an hour, just kept telling people to phone his mobile and set off the ring tone. was pretty fucking funny actually... lol

rewch

tried to convert an mp3 of scientist's dematerialize to a midi for my sony t610... the result was very much dear oh dear oh dear... probably just a shite phone though...

xiquet said:
oh my god, what was that?? was listening to some pirate a couple months ago and the dj just got obsessed with his crazy frog tone, didn't play any music for about half an hour, just kept telling people to phone his mobile and set off the ring tone. was pretty fucking funny actually... lol

It was this one: Orthodox and Crazy Chris - Crazy Frog

http://www.bbc.co.uk/1xtra/tracklistings/robboranx/robbotracks.shtml

Listen again - - > 1:04:10 in.

Last edited:

Woebot

rewch said:
tried to convert an mp3 of scientist's dematerialize to a midi for my sony t610... the result was very much dear oh dear oh dear... probably just a shite phone though...

ha ha ha ha. the thing is they have to be audible dont they. i wonder if dematerialise commands the same attention as "get me" those big spaces in it must have been difficult to tool into something attention grabbing rewch.

rewch

that is of course true, but i was at least hoping that the bleeps would come out... phones seem to be good for that... still no go though...

stelfox

Beast of Burden
jesus, that is just obscene! i can't imagine how anyone thought that could sound decent. still, it did make me laugh and people did like the chaka chaka rhythm, so there really is no accounting for taste

Diggedy Derek

Stray Dog
I've just stuck The Essentials' K Dot on my phone. It's OK, but the earth-shaking bass isn't really in effect. Neither is the rapping, obviously.

owen

i've heard more grime ringtones than actual grime round here....it seems to sound less crap than hip hop ringtones, there's a tinniness in both

I used to have Bombscare by 2 bad mice on my phone, but lost it in Amsterdam after being attacked by two dogs in a bar. I'd just put 'The Angels Fell' on the jukebox, and the hounds took offence and went for my throat as I sat with my Heineken. In the confusion, my phone went missing and I had a plane to catch.

I loved that ringtone, man. :(

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
seen on a Crazy Frog endorsing flyer for ringtones and such:

GET THE MOST ANNOYING SOUND

(!)

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
DigitalDjigit said:
So when are the kids gonna start rapping to ringtones on corners then?

already, according to simon silverdollar on the UK Urban thread...