dubstep grime dubstep: next digital mystikz' DMZ night in may

gumdrops

the lineup doesnt look as impressive as the last one, which i unfortunately missed, but i think im still going to go to this as ive yet to attend FWD>>
---
Same place, same sound system: SATURDAY 7th MAY*is*when we can all hook up*and 'Meditate*On Bass Weight'.*

Souljahz on the night:

DIGITAL MYSTIKZ*+*LOEFAH +*SGT POKES

HORSEPOWER*(Benny Ill & Lev Jnr)

MARK ONE & VIRUS SYNDICATE

HATCHA & CRAZY D

SLT MOB

D1

DJ PINCH

Sat 7th May @ 3rd Bass - St. Matthews Church - Brixton - SW2

DMZ

10-6am

£ 7

£ 5 members and nus

*sound supported by 12k TurboSound System*

Last edited:

Dubquixote

Submariner
Big. The Mystikz and Loefah have done amazing things for dubstep in the past year. I'd love to catch this one but unfortunately it's not in the cards.

appleblim

mate, the last one was HUGE - a really important night....the first dubstep allnighter!

DMZ are dropping the most inventive music made made in england in my opinion....i can't believe they aren't getting more exposure.....

u need to hear it LOUD and with the subs on thier system! they have blown me away as much as Doc Scott at Metalheadz in '96, or the first time i went to a dub soundsystem, or the first rave i went to!

make it to the next one, i really don't think ANYONE on this forum would be disappointed!

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
appleblim said:
mate, the last one was HUGE - a really important night....the first dubstep allnighter!

DMZ are dropping the most inventive music made made in england in my opinion....i can't believe they aren't getting more exposure.....

u need to hear it load and with the subs on thier system! they have blown me away as much as Doc Scott at Metalheadz in '96, or the first time i went to a dub soundsystem, or the first rave i went to!

make it to the next one, i really don't think ANYONE on this forum would bve disappointed!

you are totally selling it to me mate, i think i might have to come along to this one.

so what are these dubstep nights like? do they build it up? are there some dubstep tunes that get rinsed out peak time? i'm intrigued on the structure of the night, the energy. can anyone fill me in?

DJ-Distinction

bassnation said:
you are totally selling it to me mate, i think i might have to come along to this one.

so what are these dubstep nights like? do they build it up? are there some dubstep tunes that get rinsed out peak time? i'm intrigued on the structure of the night, the energy. can anyone fill me in?

I made the 5 hour trip down from Leeds for the last DMZ... Will be present at the next one 110% wouldnt miss it for the world. This will sound really really cheesy but the vibe in DMZ is not one you can explain fully, its one of those things you have to experience for yourself to find out what its like. I dont think I have ever been to an event in my life that was as electric and cutting edge as DMZ and believe I have been to many events in the UK and overseas. Non have come close to touching the vibe in DMZ.

Hope to see you all down there. Respect.

appleblim

yeh, sriously, gonna bump this again, coz it seems to be pricking some ears up!

dubquixote, bassnation, stelfox, mpc, and hold up - what about woebot and luka.......

would be amazing to see some of u lot down there....i really think u'd be blown away!

AND...any south west people i don't know already - DMZ are coming to Bristol THIS FRIDAY!!!!

you NEED to make the effort, even if u have to travel......the vibes are TOTALLY amazing.....all i can say is its like a dub soundsytem, but with the energy and esxcitement of rave! thats what it is to me anyhoo.....and its not ALL strictly 'dubstep' u know? Plasticman ripped up the last one, and he is playin im Bristol too....

info for bristol:

Friday April 15th

SUBLOADED II @ Black Swan, Easton, Bristol

10-6 £4/£6

DMZ feat Loefah and Pokes
Vex'd
Plasticman
Blazey
Pinch
Thinkin
october

the last one was MAD believe me.....make the effort!

ThinKing

appleblim said:
info for bristol:

Friday April 15th

SUBLOADED II @ Black Swan, Easton, Bristol

10-6 £4/£6

DMZ feat Loefah and Pokes
Vex'd
Plasticman
Blazey
Pinch
Thinkin
october

the last one was MAD believe me.....make the effort!

Cheers for the shout bro, yeah this party is shaping up to be real nice. Wicked venue, hot hot system. Anyone fancy a mission to Bristal?

subloadedback.jpg