Bullet boy

tox

Factory Girl
Hoping to catch this film sometime next week.

Looks like an interesting film and also has new material from Massive Attack on the soundtrack. So far it has recieved lots of positive press and stands out amoungst the Easter Holiday tat thats being shown at the moment (Be Cool, Valiant etc).

ambrose

yeah i want to see thsi, it will probably be ages before it comes up north tho.

i wish it didnt have any new material by masive attack tho

tox

Factory Girl
Caught this in Birmingham today. It impressed me, which is no small feat given the amount of hype the press has given it.

ambrose said:
i wish it didnt have any new material by masive attack tho

Didn't actually seem to be that much Massive Attack in the soundtrack. What there was sounded quite subtle and won't spoil the film if you're not a fan of their new stuff.

Look forward to talking about it here when a few others have seen it - don't wanna spoil it for anyone. Its got a few links to the Grime scene (few garage tracks here and there on the soundtrack too) which could make for some interesting discussion.

run_time

quick correction...was filmed in Clapton (E London) not Clapham (S London). Was really interesting seeing the effect of the film on a local audience (including myself) - definitely mesmerising but also kind of unsettlign given the subject matter

particularly enjoyed hearing use of language on the big screen. went to a Q&A section and someone was actually calling for subtitles (eg Sweet Sixteen i guess) but that it would spoil the effect imo

LRJP!

(Between Blank & Boring)
I saw this earlier and was impressed and saddened - it's tough stuff. Interesting to compare to Mean Streets which i saw on Wednesday too.

Did they really subtitle Sweet Sixteen?? I don't remember that...

tox

Factory Girl
LRJP! said:
Did they really subtitle Sweet Sixteen?? I don't remember that...

I think the first 15 minutes of Sweet Sixteen was subtitled to get you into the swing of it and then they disappeared.

I don't think Sweet Sixteen needed subs and I doubt that enough people have trouble understanding Bullet Boy to make it worth the effort. Surely it would just become distracting?

mms

sometimes
run_time said:
quick correction...was filmed in Clapton (E London) not Clapham (S London). Was really interesting seeing the effect of the film on a local audience (including myself) - definitely mesmerising but also kind of unsettlign given the subject matter

particularly enjoyed hearing use of language on the big screen. went to a Q&A section and someone was actually calling for subtitles (eg Sweet Sixteen i guess) but that it would spoil the effect imo

yep clapton, not clapham, clapham is an even bigger shithole