Two "mixes" I did

IdleRich

IdleRich
A bit of a misnomer there because they're not actually mixed, just recorded off one deck and put together using Audacity. Also it says "I" but DannyL did the putting together parts.
The first one was to try and get a job dj-ing chilled out stuff on a Sunday afternoon in a bar, hoping that I would get some free drinks, some food and some money for my pains. That's the kind of vibe it's going for anyway

http://www.divshare.com/download/16335896-927

The second one is something we put together (quite badly) yesterday after recording all the tunes at Dan's well over a year ago and forgetting about them. It's all kind of spacey noises and sci-fi stuff - a few cock-ups there but some tunes I hope some may appreciate.

http://www.divshare.com/download/16423845-894

Any feedback welcome... cheers.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
This psych one is great, thanks! Perfect for Xmas day, I reckon, after the annual run through of the complete Phil Spector box set. Thanks, if you got a tracklisting - haven't check the other one yet - that'd be nice but don't worry.

Happy Solstice x

IdleRich

IdleRich
Same to you - glad you liked.
Tracklisting here

Time Machine - Bird in the Wind
Discordia - Y Sun Over Discordia
Grete Agatz - Ekkoleg
Nora Dean - Angie La La
Jimmie Haskell - Hydrazine
Armonium - Mescaleros
Marquis of Kensington - Flash
Les Sauterelles - Dream Machine
Young Holt Trio - Money
Gene Ricky - What You Wanted Most
Children of Darkness - She's Mine
Soul Vendors - Swing Easy
The Vulcans - Star Trek
Wilson Pickett - Don't Knock My Love (part 2)
Dance Music - Kalyanji (and) Anandji
Ana Oxa - Sonnambula
Rafaella Cara - Black Cat
La Bionda - Wanna Be Your Lover
Other Peopple's Children - On a Clear Day

IdleRich

IdleRich
The other one will take a while longer for a listing cos I didn't write it down and I'll have to listen to it back to get it.

DannyL

Wild Horses
And here's the tracklisting, at last:

Theremin Solo - Ferde Grofe
Barnabas Theme - First Theremin Era
The Spook - The Tomko's
Bottled Ghost - Roland Kovacs
Bone Dry - John Eaton
Pop Electronique No. 9 - Cecil Leuter
Motion Study - Gerhard Trede
Ketjack - Eberhard Schoener
Sailors Stories - JP Decerf
Go Commando - Drift
Sansansi - Hemant Bhosle
Science Friction Part 1 - The Sci-Fi's
Unknown
Root Down (and get it) - Mr Chop
Sleeping Pour L'zoo - Phillipe Besombes
Knives, Feathers, Fire - Electric Max Band
War of the Worlds - The Atlantics
Toxika (edit) - Plastic People of the Universe
Lost Motherland Part 1 -Apryl Fool

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Listened to both of these on the train coming home today - some great stuff! There's a lovely track (starts around 17:30) on the bleeps comp with these sort of meandering proto-acid synths and a very clean-sounding, treble-y acoustic guitar, could imagine Bowie singing on it somehow. Also liked the one later on, around 38 minutes, krauty but a bit industrial at the same time?

I really liked the Arabic-sounding trip-hop track on the psych one, reminded me of Muslimgauze and the more interesting bits of FSOL. But you followed it with a song that's just too twee for words...

What program did you use to record it, out of interest?

Last edited:

DannyL

Wild Horses
Yeah, Audacity to record and edit the records, and convert into WAVs or MP3s, stick 'em in iTunes, use Audio Hijack to rip 'em as one long MP3. I'm currently doing the same thing with some other mixes I've done previously, so will stick 'em up on Dissensus.

The Bleeps and Bloops is up now on Mixcloud if you want to find out which track is which exactly:

More to follow.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Below are links to the 2009 and 2011 Xmas swaps on VG+. Both pretty diverse and interesting (well, I would say that) bundles of weirdness sourced from my record collection. There are both done for other record collectors so are ventures to the fringes of extreme nerdery, but I thought that might go down well here!

Anyway, enjoy - and feedback welcomed as always.

2009 - Divshare for direct download: http://www.divshare.com/download/16467421-a17

2011 - Divshare: http://www.divshare.com/download/16477174-2de