What's there to listen to bombing round town these days?

guppyslim

Imagine a young (18-30) painter & decorator (builder/plumber/electrician/sky engineer/whatever etc) bombing round town (ie London) in his van listening to Jungle between jobs in '94. If you took that same guy and transported him to 2012, what music would he be listening to in his van between jobs?

luka

well i worked as a builders labourer and a painter and decorator for quite a few years in london and never knew any of them to listen to radio one. they are dedicated to heart and magic. all of them without exception regardless of age, race, nationality what have you.

luka

as a result i have heard chaka khans aint nobody many many many more times than you.

luka

those stations are where childrens tv presenters go to die incidently, toby anstis, pat sharpe etc etc

Roshman

well i worked as a builders labourer and a painter and decorator for quite a few years in london and never knew any of them to listen to radio one. they are dedicated to heart and magic. all of them without exception regardless of age, race, nationality what have you.

Haha, brilliant.

Slothrop

Tight but Polite
those stations are where childrens tv presenters go to die incidently, toby anstis, pat sharpe etc etc

Heart FM's Friday Night Club Classics is standard fare for hauling up the M6 on climbing trips. Unless you go to Wales and get stuck with Real Radio.

Smooth FM 102.2 is a fresh contender, also. I really like Smooth FM although I can't seem to get it in quite a few places.

Pirates are in a shocking state these days. House FM morning show is good though.

rubberdingyrapids

there was a point when i really thought live was a contender for rinses mantle but the momentum they had seemed to go down the same time as funky. still like some of the djs on there, but theyre just doing old garage or jungle shows. so now i dont know who else to listen to except rinse.

most of the (slightly) older builders ive had round to do work just like capital gold. i dont know what the younger guys these days listen to.