LDN > NYC grime co-op - you want 12"s? i'll bring em over..

just found out i'm off to NYC in two weeks, and here's a chance to help out you US grime heads if you're interested.

i'm coming to pillage your stores for tech shit, so will have any empty suitcase on the way across. what i'm proposing is taking orders, via private auctions on ebay, for any 12"s or dvds you want bringing from rhythm division, uptown or independance, and bringing them over. i'll be staying in williamsburg and can meet up anytime from 21st apr to 5th may. i'd be charging a minimal rate of p&p style handling to make up for me lugging them over, but apart from that should hopefully be able to do them near UK prices, without your standard excessive shipping.

this is just an idea for now, but if any of you are interested, let me know and we can flesh it out.

dominic

Beast of Burden
i'm too broke at the moment to take advantage of this offer

but what a brilliant idea!

perhaps we should institute a program whereby anyone from the UK who's visiting nyc (or other parts of the states) must announce in advance that he's doing so . . . .

in exchange for hospitality, free drinks, perhaps a place to stay, he has to bring a box of grime records with him and sell them at cost

anyone who failed to comply with this program would risk being forever banned from dissensus or some such penalty

i'm sure we could get woebot to sign off on this

Last edited:
hah, thanks dominic. you sure you don't want anything? there isn't just one 12 you have to have?
well, let's at least get together and chat grime at some point.

due to the overwhelming response to this, i'm a little worried about being beaten down with responses, but anyone fancy going shopping for dancehall? i only really know beat street and jammyland, and still have to head out to VP. ta

so new york? there's a few people interested, but none of you lot?

well, let's not have any bitching about excessive shipping charges in future, eh? i'll leave you to your mp3s... ;)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
I want some stuff. When are you going to do your buying?

I'll pm you a list after I have some time to wade through the mp3 samples on Independance and Rhythm Division. ;)

Pearsall said:
and what sort of prices we talking per 12?

looks like i'll still have time to call into rhythm division and uptown, but independance is a trek and a half when you're not going south of the river. for anything from them, if you're prepared to pay the UK postage, then just the cost to ship to me i guess.

the other two, well, whatever covers my travelcard.

work out what you want, and i'll ring and check it's in stock.