Second Life music?

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Didn't really know how to call this topic but I'm interested in hearing more music by artists using this Second Life kind of aesthetic. Think 90's, videocards and MSN Messenger. Does anyone know since when this has emerged and can link me to some articles on the subject? Right now I can think of the following two examples:

grizzleb

Some Stellar Om Source stuff is good for this, trapped in a glitching load screen sort of vibe. Cheap transhumanism; overly glossy and shiny.

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
id check out DIS magazine for a good source of this stuff....( http://dismagazine.com/ ) the crossover of "net art" and music/fashion, Fatima Al Quadiri writes for them also with a global wav column. i think also Daz 3D is definitly a program of influence when it comes to this aesthetic (its a free 3d modelling program that focusses on posing premade models and buying accessories, but many people use it to create quite odd "outsidr art"... wendy vanity being a good example

)

Aww Nein

Wild Palms
Last edited:

Gombreak

Possibly this? Can't really remember what it sounds like though.

Dynooo - I Feel Like Playing Sim City Straight From The Floppy And Run A Tornado All Over My Perfectly Functioning Town After I Put The Fire Department Way Too Far So They Wont Be Able To Help My Sim City People‏

jimitheexploder

Dynooo - I Feel Like Playing Sim City Straight From The Floppy And Run A Tornado All Over My Perfectly Functioning Town After I Put The Fire Department Way Too Far So They Wont Be Able To Help My Sim City People‏

Is well nice, we pimped it on SR at the time and I've had it on repeate since.

Nguzuunguzu give off this vibe to me too.

Their DIS Mag mix kinda implanted that into my mind.

CrowleyHead

Don't all of "Seapunk" kind of fit this notion? They were the first people I remember who were bringing back this Angelfire/Netscape sort of aesthetic.

zhao

there are no accidents
yeah that's what prompted me to bump this thread... not bad at all.
i like that it never kicks into gear and never starts "banging".
will be fun to mix with abstract jukey type shit.