150-160 bpm-ish stuff - whatchamacallit

Alfons

Way of the future
Seems to be something dance music related brewing in this tempo range. Maybe in the wake of juke and trap / hip hop / crunk stuff. Think a lot of this is interesting, maybe a bit idm-ish at times but a lot of good stuff, good for mixing it up with jungle and hardcore and up the tempos a bit from the dubstep / post dubstep stuff.

Seems to be made by artists who do others stuff besides this sort of thing, i.e. Sully, Kuedo, Om Unit, Machine Drum...

Anyone got suggestions, links or artists? I guess some of the tracks overlap only in tempo and not in style or execution. Maybe I am reading too much into this?

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
Was only thinking of starting a thread on this today. :D

Lot of interesting potential here with so much around 80/160bpm floating about. You can go between jungle, footwork, reggae and LA style brainfeeder stuff etc without touching the pitch. Can't be a bad thing and opens up plenty opportunities for DJs. You can get all those tempo juxtaposition you get in jungle and paves the way for the return of proper breakbeats. A welcome excuse to dig out your hardcore records. Was just mixing 4Hero - Sunspots and ARP 101 into rashad and spinn earlier

I did some last year if you listen to the first ten minutes or so. Chopped up footwork vocals over suburban base amens is delicious

http://soundcloud.com/craicpipe/sectionfive-standard-radio

Last edited:

rrrivero

oh shit, secondline / sectionfive, my bad

edit: listening to that mix

Chopped up footwork vocals over suburban base amens is delicious

it really is!

Last edited:

Blackdown

nexKeysound
anyone mentioned Phillip K Dick yet? wonder how Kode's juke/jungle set at fabric was? they're such fun to mix, the ebb and flow of the two relative percussive densities.

Alfons

Way of the future
anyone mentioned Phillip K Dick yet? wonder how Kode's juke/jungle set at fabric was? they're such fun to mix, the ebb and flow of the two relative percussive densities.

Om Unit was mentioned but Philip K Dick should definitely be included too, the footwork jungle ep's are among my favourite "releases" last year.

SecondLine

also gonna be a douche and post something my brother made. He did an EP of 150ish stuff. Mostly influenced by breakbeat hardcore. This is my fave:

rrrivero

Lil Jabba's pretty sick, some good shit posted in this thread so far. Liking the Kassem Mosse track, the EPROM one (modern dance music needs more hoovers!) and the DJ Fixx one. I'm now making a conscious effort to listen to more ghetto tech as well, this youtube channel Ory introduced me to is ace