Faktion presents Woe To The Septic Heart at Q Cavern, MCR 6th April

boo

☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻
☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹☻☹
Faktion presents Woe To The Septic Heart!
with Shackleton and Zeke Clough

Faktion are chuffed to present an exhibition of sleeve art by Zeke Clough, the man behind the definitive and highly recognisable designs for Skull Disco and Woe To The Septic Heart!, beside his work for The Wire magazine and Mordant Music among others.

It'll take place at the charming Q Cavern, just off Piccadilly Gardens and be available to view over the Easter bank holiday weekend, subject to their opening times.

We'll have some free wine and that for an "official" opening at 8pm with a few guest DJs, then we'll turn the volume up and let Michael "ONO" Holland and Ichie Rawting test the Void rig we're bringing in. Shackleton will perform one of his legendary live sets at the peak of the madness and then Jon K will dive feet first through the window above the DJ booth and land with two 7"s on the decks and probably smash it to bits, like.

The venue's pretty small and there's probably a lot of people who want to go so we'd recommend grabbing a ticket soon as they're out. The first 50 tickets will also be valid to redeem a secret free gift on the night (we're not saying what it is but it's worth it).

You'll also be able to purchase Zeke's personally customised sleeves. You can either take them home with you or we can arrange to mail them to you, just ask us on the night.

Every time Shackleton plays it's a proper party, too. Come join us.

£10 tickets (first 50 tickets get secret free gift)

Friday 6th April, 2012

Q Cavern, 14 Newton Street, Manchester, M1 2AF

8pm exhibition opening
10pm Doors
4am Do one

http://www.zekeclough.com/index.htm
http://www.residentadvisor.net/record-l ... px?id=5183

also keep your gogglers peeled for these...

Sunday 6th May Faktion presents Ekoplekz, Vindicatrix & Baron Mordant at Sacred Trinity Church, Salford

Thursday 17th May Faktion presents Holy Other, The Haxan Cloak, Vessel, LIE + special guests at Future Everything

bruno

est malade
looks great.

i love the name shackleton, every time i read it i picture that scene where he and mates arrive at the norwegian whaling station after the trek over the island and the antarctic sea, being met by terrified norwegians owing to their filthy, ragged aspect. when he meets his friend (i forget the name) shackeleton asks if he knows him, the man says no and he convinces him he is one and the same. anyway, it's a great name.