recomend some DJs

Sectionfive

bandwagon house
I've been off down various retro rabbit holes the last year or two and stopped checking most of what happening bar a handful of the usual suspects.

Who's pushing it on the ones and twos these days?

Roshman

Moxie's a good shout. Just started to get into some of the NTS radio DJs, Martelo and Jon Rust are great as well.

Most of the DJs on rinse go without saying. Only got into Alexander Nut when I bought his rinse CD, it's absolutely fantastic. Uncle Dugs is always good (Jungle). Also check out Anti-social, probably the best Dubstep show on radio tbh.

Hivemind has some good stuff as well.

guppyslim

I don't know too much about Deadboy DJ-wise but I saw him at Standard Place last night and he gave the crowd an absolute workout. Tuff, vibing selection, covering a lot of different ground, old & new in his hour set. Real quality set. Would happily pay to see him again.

You could add Reecha and Josey Rebelle to your list too.

I'd agree about Moxie, Alexander Nut, Uncle Dugs Jon Rust & Martelo.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
Seb Chew late on Monday nights on Rinse has been a nice surprise for me.
Only listened initially 'cause he had guest mixes from producers who I'm into, but his own selection has won me over. Think I had him pegged as some kind of desperate Diplo-esque 'hipster's ipod on shuffle' DJ, but I couldn't have been more wrong really. Lots of good grime and grime-influenced bits.

Phaedo

Ben UFO, Moxie and Jackmaster (when he keeps it deeper) are all great. Moxie's NTS shows are hugely underrated i feel.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'm not really into DJ sets anymore, haven't got the attention span required. Lack of vocals also repels me. I have to be doing something when a mix comes on so I end up leaving it on for about fifteen minutes and then if its good I'll get into it.

Otherwise I'm endlessly skipping through 30 second clips of Gucci Mane tunes.

Benny Bunter

DJ Q on BBC 1Xtra is always worth a listen. Keeping the garage sound alive without ever falling into postdubstep/future garage tedium.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
Kuedo is probably my favourite right now. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he really has a good balance between playing his own stuff, the music that insprired him and playing these loud hiphop instrumentals. It all fits. Don't know if it was live or a DJ set, never really got the difference and I don't really care about it either.

Blackdown

nexKeysound
DJ Q on BBC 1Xtra is always worth a listen. Keeping the garage sound alive without ever falling into postdubstep/future garage tedium.

Took your advice, good call. Would especially like to know where i can find...

Tanya Lacey — Letter To My Ex (Sunship Dub)
Shola Ama — Can Not Have You (Ed Case Remix)
though they have that "is this new or old?" feeling...

You can probably file it under the "obvious" section, but Marcus Nasty puts on a great show for rinse every Wednesday. It's my only port of call for UK funky and I suspect he's the best DJ in that scene to chose. The only problem is I never know the name of the tunes he plays

hint

party record with a siren
Maurice Fulton Bubbletease Communications podcast
feed://bubbleteasecommunications.podOmatic.com/rss2.xml

Benny Bunter

Took your advice, good call. Would especially like to know where i can find...

Tanya Lacey — Letter To My Ex (Sunship Dub)
Shola Ama — Can Not Have You (Ed Case Remix)
though they have that "is this new or old?" feeling...

cor...just checked these two tunes out, great stuff. I may be wrong but I think the the Sunship one is new-ish, and the Ed Case might be older.

But yeah, either of em sound like they could be from 2001 or something, which on one level kind of offends my sensibilities, but when the tunes are this good I'm not complaining.

My other tip (not as a DJ) for contemporary garage sounds would be Mike Delinquent who i think is a fantastic producer. Oh, and DJ Q himself obviously..