Champion

Elijah

Butterz
About time he got his own thread here. One of the most consistent producers of recent times.
d25186b24bb67abeac458975bf476476.gif

Live from Butterz 2nd Birthday

Download Here

Party
tumblr_m1g2giNRi51qk3fato1_500.png

http://www.formularecords.com/

Told you guys he was about it!

e/y

Everything that I've heard from him (sets, mixes, releases) has been absolute gold.

Benny Bunter

Love him. He's probably the only other funky producer up there with Ill Blu and Funkystepz in terms of quality and consistency.

What are people's favourite tunes? Mine are...

Bad Girl
Sensitivity
Shadows of Love (Champion remix) - Craig David
The One (Champion remix)

edit: That remix of Sugababes 'Freedom' aswell, fucking hell. I'm assuming that one's not coming out though.

Last edited:

continuum

smugpolice
Of his most recently released stuff The Rainforest EP is really good.
Someone has done a crazy video to one of the tunes on there:

SecondLine

Of his most recently released stuff The Rainforest EP is really good.
Someone has done a crazy video to one of the tunes on there:

haha he used the 'now my selectah' sample I scroll past in my torrented reggae sample pack and cringe at about once a month.

but yeah, champion = great. As I remember the title track from the Rainforest EP is a highlight, just drums and a massive sub, the way we (I) like it.

Tentative Andy

I'm in the Meal Deal
What are people's favourite tunes?

I would probably go with -
Sensitivity
Lose Control
Selecta (and I even like that sample lol)
Freedom remix
Bad Girl
Motherboard
Lighter VIP

Vaguely feel like I'm forgetting something though. His new one Crystal Meth is sounding good too.

rrrivero

and this one

Was sold as a dubplate at some point but that was ages ago.

Champion set from Butterz/Hardrive is one of my favourites from him. Suuuuuch energy

Benny Bunter

This set at Butterz 3rd birthday is killer. (whats that lovely synthy track at the beginning?).

http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/dj-champion-live-at-butterz-is-three

Champion and Butterz go together so well. Being able to put him in the same sentence as Royal T, Flava D, Preditah, DJ Q, Terror Danjah etc just feels right (plus in this set he's playing stuff like Hannah Wants, Funkystepz, 'Bring in the Katz').

Surely this is the 130bpm (and rising>>>) interzone area people should be excited about right now.

But anyway, <3 Champion and Butterz

I'd like to see do him do a funkystepz this year ie; loads of quality releases, instrumentals, vocals, remixes. I think he could do it.

edit: despite my best efforts to avoid it I heard 'Harlem Shake' for the first time in this set too - its pretty bangin goddamit!

Last edited: