riko ragga set at heatwave this friday

gdw

the big man riko will be at heatwave vs mas fuego doing an exclusive ragga / dancehall pa and hosting the night this friday at the rhythm factory.

there's a link to riko dropping some dancehall style verses on rinse on this thread http://www.dissensus.com/showthread.php?t=1233
he kills it on the new south rakkas riddim which is a kind of JA take on garage.

more fire on the night from heatwave djs and quality diamond, who was supporting beenie man at stratford rex last month. dj turna (vital) bringing the freshest soca selections from a recent trip to trinidad. plus danny cubano from havana doing a latin hip hop thing in the back room alongside lubi and mdk and their reggaeton styles.

full details at http://www.scandalbag.com/

check the photos from last month's bash here http://www.scandalbag.com/gallerymar.html

yungun smashed it last time - this one should be even better.

luka

oi. i love quite close to there but i won't be around till about half 11. is it worth turning up around 12ish? or is that too late?

C

captain easychord

gdw said:
he kills it on the new south rakkas riddim which is a kind of JA take on garage.

is that the first riddim on the set, the bubbly synth thing? what's it called?

gdw

luka said:
oi. i love quite close to there but i won't be around till about half 11. is it worth turning up around 12ish? or is that too late?

probably won't get riko on till 12 30 or so - once the place is really buzzing - so yeah that should be fine.

gdw

captain easychord said:
is that the first riddim on the set, the bubbly synth thing? what's it called?

bionic ras - by the guys who did clappas and red alert.

they call it 'electro dancehall'. we call it garage.

C

captain easychord

gdw said:
bionic ras - by the guys who did clappas and red alert.

they call it 'electro dancehall'. we call it garage.

shit nice one. is it on any 7" yet?

gdw

it's all over 1xtra / radio 1 but not out on 7 or on pirates yet...

greensleeves riddim album soon come.

apparently riko got given the instrumental - seems like a good move by south rakkas or greensleeves if they gave it to him.

gabriel

The Heatwave
yeah right, someone finally realised it'd be a good idea to get uk artists on the big dancehall riddims, so bionic ras is gonna feature cuts from jd aka dready, dynamite mc and maybe more.

this heatwave thing sounds nice by the way... :p

stelfox

Beast of Burden
xiquet said:
this heatwave thing sounds nice by the way... :p

it's not bad - just keep out of the way of the promoters. they're a right pair of dodgy characters ;) .

i'll deffo be down for this, especially as i'm probably not going to make the soundclash now.

gabriel

The Heatwave
spoke to riko yesterday, he'll be voicing on old ragga, new bashment and a bit of grime - riddims like:

- punaany
- mud up
- bionic ras (new south rakkas; reminiscent of 2-step!)
- military
- pum pum (exclusive refix by 15-year-old wunderkind producer joker out of bristol's kold harted kru)
- general
- gype
- pepperseed

it's gonna be large...