What is so Good About that Pop Music Thread?

Should the "What is good about Pop music thread?" thread be closed down?

• Shut the "What is good about Pop music thread?"

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Leave it open.

Votes: 25 75.8%

• Total voters

luka

if i'd have bothered reading that i could justifyibaly say that was the most boring thing ive ever read.

mpc

wasteman
luka said:
if i'd have bothered reading that i could justifyibaly say that was the most boring thing ive ever read.

yeah!

let's start our own rival thread about simon amstel and his side kick with the funny name who present popworld.

S

simon silverdollar

mpc said:
yeah!

let's start our own rival thread about simon amstel and his side kick with the funny name who present popworld.

you mean Miquita? she's great. i'd like to be friends with her.
i was in a shop in covent garden once and simon amstel was in front of me in the queue, buying the same suit as i was buying. i have never felt more metrosexual.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
agreed paul.
i think simon would be an arse to hang out with but miquita would probbly be quite a laugh. i seem to remember hearing that her mum was in rip rig and panic, too.

Last edited:

bassnation

the abyss
stelfox said:
agreed paul.
i think simon would be an arse to hang out but miquita would probbly be quite a laugh. i seem to remember hearing that her mum was in rip rig and panic, too.

christ, rip rig and panic - always remember that young ones episode with them playing, that nutter with the saxophone!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
i don't think we should ever lock threads, because then you can't resurrect them i and when the aposite time comes. maybe just start a more interesting thread and shift the focus away.

3underscore

It is a bit of a lumbering beast with vast quotes, but I guess it is a sign that some people are enjoying the discussion. I think Stelfox's theory is best. Unless it is provoking serious arguement and conflict that will be unresolvable, then leave it lumbering on.

I haven't read it, although I suppose that shows!

stelfox

Beast of Burden
it's not a theory it's an idea. i have learned that theory is a lot more touble than it's worth of late!

owen

nah. i think its been absolutely fascinating and i say leave it open.
(though i have nothing to contribute to it whatsoever)

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
simon silverdollar said:
you mean Miquita? she's great. i'd like to be friends with her.
i was in a shop in covent garden once and simon amstel was in front of me in the queue, buying the same suit as i was buying. i have never felt more metrosexual.

Sordid past alert!

Bizarrely enough, I have met Miquita. She was best friends with my mate Russian Nick's girlfriend Naima, and I used to go squat raving with them when I was 17. I didn't really know her, but she was around. Indeed, the last time I saw her was crouched over some lines of ketamine in a party on Bow Road thrown by (I think? long time ago) Sonic and Twisted soundsystems.

Imagine my fucking shock when I saw her on Pop World.

nomos

Administrator
I went to school with one of the extras from Degrassi, so I say leave the thread open as long as people aren't ripping each other's hearts out and displaying them on posts.

Then again, I haven't gone near it so I don't known what sort of evil it may contain. Maybe don't lock it, just raise the Discursive Terror Level (DTL) to plum.

Last edited: