So who on this board is from the Antipodes/Oceania?

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
Hmmm? Which of you are Pacific Islanders Aussies, Kiwis or living down this way?

This is one of the only boards I've even been on where I actually know some of the people.

Maybe the Melbourne based of us should have a meet up/CD swap?

luka

i'm not but my mum is and all her side of the family.i'm a new zealand citizen and lived in auckland for threee years.

Helen

Tumbling Dice
I've lived in Melbourne-town all my life, though come August I am undertaking a latitudinal switch.

O

Omaar

I live in wellington, NZ, but I've just handed in my resignation and I'm moving back to London in July.

When did you live in NZ luka?

michael

Bring out the vacuum
Coming to Melbourne on the way through, Omazza?

I feel like every other post I make makes reference to coming from New Zealand or currently being in Melbourne.

There's another two Kiwis I know of on here, one of whom also lives in Melbourne, both of whom you know Melchior...

rob_giri

...dig,

Hey Guys!

Been waiting silently and passively till someone started a thread on this subject...

Yep, I'm a Melbourne boy born and bred.

Usually in the Dissensus/Blogosphere mentality i distance myself from my homeland/city and take flight in the imaginary worlds of London, New York etc, where any old day I can go for leisurely strolls with Luka down the Thames and have profound aesthetic experiences, where I can spar renegade cultural studies esoterica with K-Punk, rant about vinyl culture and Lamonte Young-fanaticism with Ingram and discuss Reynoldsism with Reynolds. Ahh, what a childlike fantasy i've been secretly hiding for years... :D

...seriously though (actually lets face it i wasn't bullshitting entirely :)), if you Melbourne crew (and Melbourne-visitors) want to hook up then lets do it! Would be well-interested in meeting some Dissensus cats here in my fair city...