dizz on houston radio

mpc

wasteman
it keeps timing out for me.

if someone gets it, can they contact me on slsk: machine_funk

Eric

Mr Moraigero
shit this is excellent ...

Dizzee on South beats, Grit Boys on grime ... I'm actually not sure which sounds better but this is amazing.

Last edited:

bunchoffives

Wild Horses
Dizz sounded really amazing - the "heartbreak kid like Shawn Michaels" line put a stupid grin on my face - but I can't say I'm at all impressed by the Grit Boys, aside from the occasional verse. They've got a lot of charisma, but they're still pretty generic. They sounded totally lost when Wonder brought out the grime beats. And not to get all backpacker, but they just didn't have anything interesting to say.

Dizzee's breath control is unbelievable. There's a few times when you can almost hear the jaws hitting the floor in the studio.

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
This was about collaboration. I don't think he was trying to show them up. Now if he recorded with Bun B yesterday...that is gonna be off the fuckin hook.

I'm wantin to hear a collabo with Slim Thug too shit.

Eric

Mr Moraigero
I got a little carried away enthusing about the Grit Boys ... local spirit gone overboard. the Bun B shit should be hot though. and was the Slim Thug talk just a dream or is that something that's actually happening? if it's a dream I am there too ....

also more story up now on

http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

sounds nice!! got to keep listening to that radio ...

Keith P

draw for the drumstick
Eric said:
I got a little carried away enthusing about the Grit Boys ... local spirit gone overboard. the Bun B shit should be hot though. and was the Slim Thug talk just a dream or is that something that's actually happening? if it's a dream I am there too ....

also more story up now on

http://houstonsoreal.blogspot.com

sounds nice!! got to keep listening to that radio ...

Dream.

But I did that 3 things vs. prang man I posted on here awhile back. I need to make a proper booty of that.

DavidD

can't be stopped
You rule, Pearsall!

(PS: I got my new hard drive today! I'll YSI you the rest of the stuff I promised very shortly)

Eric

Mr Moraigero
Keith P said:
But I did that 3 things vs. prang man I posted on here awhile back. I need to make a proper booty of that.

missed that one, damn. any chance of a repost?

Red Rooster

OK can somebody help me out?!

On this recording, what is the name of that track they play - it's the first track they play when the freestyles start and Dizzee drops "heartbreak kid like Shawn Michaels".

Some sick southside beat with a slow violin over the top.

Pearsall

Prodigal Son
that's the 'Still Tippin' beat, it was first on the Swisha House 'The Day Hell Broke Loose' mixtape, with Mike Jones (WHO?), Slim Thug and Paul Wall over the top.

polystyle

That radio mix is pretty cool, great to hear Dizzee mixing it with Grit Boys.
Amazes me how fast people are to criticize someone - freestyling no less - and they're hearing it for free.
Let them get on the mic !
There are those who Do and those who Review
Just let it go