Help me identify these obscure 90s rap tracks

connect_icut

Two things I heard on the radio back in the day and have never been able to identify since:

"Good Good Feeling" (?)
Sounded like The Pharcyde. Very laid-back and swingy but with a really gross final verse about torturing people.

"One in the Chamber" (?)
Kinda sounded like Raekwon or something Wu-related, at least. Main loop was kinda like a harp glissando but harsher.

The main problem I've had identifying these is that they seem to be fairly common song titles, especially in hip-hop.

Any clues? :confused:

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
connect : how did you come to remember these tracks now? What thought process was it that brought the thread about?

luka

while we're doing this there was a record funkmaster flex used to play in 1994 i think by a duo called kamakazie. it was a good record and i think it contained the line
shocking mcs like the third rail if my record dont sell
but i might be confusing it with a artifacts lyric dunno. know anything about this? cant google or youtube anything

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
on the subject of 90s rap, can anyone tell me about this guy X-Raided? I didn't know much about him until recently, but as I understand it he's been in prison for 20 years for a homicide after refusing to snitch on the guy who pulled the trigger, and managed to record some suspiciously well-produced tracks from inside.

Question is - what's his stock like amongst hip hop fans? He seemed to think he was the natural heir to Tupac as king of the west coast, but did anyone else? I listened to a few tracks and I was intrigued

rubberdingyrapids

while we're doing this there was a record funkmaster flex used to play in 1994 i think by a duo called kamakazie. it was a good record and i think it contained the line
but i might be confusing it with a artifacts lyric dunno. know anything about this? cant google or youtube anything up.

its produced by marley marl. i think it was called 'how its going down'. it had a kind of g-funk influence if i remember right (must be the same one cos i dont remember them having any other singles out). i have it on some rap exchange tape of westwood/funkmaster flex.

connect_icut

Bloody hell, I do believe that's it. You guys are great!

As for how I got thinking about this, I was downloading stuff from this list...

http://www.factmag.com/2012/08/24/the-most-overlooked-hip-hop-lps-of-the-90s-part-two/

And it got me thinking that I should create another volume of my Rap in the 90s compilation series:

http://bubblegumcage3.com/2010/11/13/the-re-ups-rap-in-the-90s-vols-1-3/

BTW, I first heard the Souls of Mischief song on Normski's Radio 1 show(!) I used to hear "One in the Chamba" on the radio all the time when I did my year abroad at the University of Massachusetts.

luka

but i might be confusing it with a artifacts lyric dunno. know anything about this? cant google or youtube anything

Found it and it still sounds great