AAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHH! When vinyl meets leaks.

Melchior

Taking History Too Far
So a while back, we had a leak in the roof. It was near myr ecords, but I checked that they were ok, and they were.

Or so I thought.

Obviously I didn't check well, because half of my crate of old hardcore punk records is now more or less fucked.

The covers were damp and mouldy and generally unplesant. A number effectively came apart when I pulled them away from each other.

The good news is that the records themselves are more or less fine. Some have some mould on them, but nothing too bad. I'll wipe them down with some luke warm water and detergent.

The covers are more or less gone I fear. Even if they dry out alright, some are ripped and all are mouldy. think the mould will be hard to kill, and I don't want the mould coming back onto the records.

I almost cried. :(

martin

----
Ripped and mouldy IS punk rock! I know this might not console you, but it's too late now anyway, so try and see the bright side - all these posers buying their squeaky clean Dead Kennedys 'Best Of..' digipack CDs haven't got a clue. You've got the original hardcore vinyl, with splattered covers reminiscent of the tattered uniforms of a thousand fallen punk rock soldiers in the battlefield of life.