Andrew W.K. Named Cultural Ambassador to the Middle East by U.S. Department of State

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
"This is a tremendous invitation. I'm very thankful to the Department of State for giving me the opportunity to visit a place I've never been before. And I feel very privileged and humbled by the chance to represent the United States of America and show the good people of Bahrain the power of positive partying. I can hardly wait for this adventure!"

I believe the State Department has confused Shias marking Ashura with Partying Hard?

slide_15048_210456_large.jpg

awk21-245x245.png

rubberdingyrapids

glad to see the job going to someone who deserves it. best and most appropriate person for a job in the middle east since tony blair was appointed.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
He follows me too. Then again he does follow about 35,000 people.

I saw Andrew W.K. at Reading festival many years ago and it was most enjoyable.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
I can hardly wait for this adventure!

I think you have to respect his sheer unironic enthusiasm and joie-de-vivre, if nothing else. It's like he's ten years old and the entire world is a sweetie shop.

Bandshell's brother seems to be behaving in pretty much the most rational way possible, given the circumstances. Looks like a fun gig, anyway.

rubberdingyrapids

best parts in that article -

A glance through Andrew WK's back catalogue had officials questioning his suitability as a cultural ambassador to the conservative Muslim kingdom.

The musician's songs include Party Hard, Girls Own Juice, I Want To See You Go Wild and Party All Goddamn Night.

"I'm just blown away. After a year of planning, the US State Dept just cancelled my Middle East trip because I'm too party," he posted.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Wonder who else was on the State Dept's shortlist?

• Snoop Dogg
  • 50 Cent
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Eminem
  • Nikki Sixx
  • Christina Aguilera
  • Kei$ha