This Acetate I got...

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
just curious: what prompted you to buy a acetate of an artist and record you knew nothing about? was there a sound sample on the ebay listing? and how much did it cost you, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah, there was a sound sample of the first half, found it by searching for "loner" (buzz term that gets used for a lot of the stuff I'm after). Came to about £30 in total, with postage.

Leo

Yeah, there was a sound sample of the first half, found it by searching for "loner" (buzz term that gets used for a lot of the stuff I'm after). Came to about £30 in total, with postage.

smart way to search. might want to try and digitize it, don't acetates wear out if played too often?

Last edited:

bassbeyondreason

Chtonic Fatigue Syndrome
Yeah, just played it the once to make the mp3 that's on that vid. Gonna get a mate to do a decent transfer soon. Then file it away for safekeeping like the collector scum I am...

Blackdown

nexKeysound
I found a pile of 1960 acetates (not vinyl) in a charity shop for like 50p, by Wayne Fontana and the Mindbenders. (signed to, co-incidentally, Fontana records). They didn't mean much to me musically so I old them to a collector for £50 on eBay.