Rustie-esque track ID

staypuft

bwah bwah
hey all, I need your expertise!

I’ve been trying to ID a certain track for over a year now. when I’ve asked music nerd buddies about it, they point me to Hudson Mohawke - Cbat. the track I have in mind sounds similar enough, but is less dissonant. it’s got a Rustie-style bumpin’ beat, and a whiny synth melody. I’ve heard a bunch of DJs play it out, including Bok Bok. by this point, the track is probably 2 years old, and was likely on the tip of everybody's tongue when it came out. I just missed the boat.

any takers? your help is greatly appreciated.

jimitheexploder

This one only came out last year so might not be what you're looking for but its pretty damn Cbat.

Kowton - Jam03 (Destro Remix) [Signal Life]

or maybe TNGHT

HudMo again.

brownjett

Can we make this a running House / Techno thread like we have for dubstep, grime etc.? Feel like having a new one for every year seems pointless and restrictive. I don't mean turning this into some sort of "post the classics" thread, but if there's a track that's new to you and you wanna share and/or talk about and it happens to be from 2001 or whatever, post it here.

staypuft

bwah bwah
sorry to be remiss on responding folks. first of all thanks for the help and killer tuneage! it turns out the track in question... is...

(jam city - magic drops)
of course I feel like a fool, since I passed by this release when it came out - had to hear it live to be converted.

now to dive deep into Dorian Concept + BD compilations, and fill out my HudMo / Desto knowledge!