the all-new dancehall riddim/song info-request hotline thread

stelfox

Beast of Burden
thought this thread might be quite useful, given that a fair few of us on this board like this stuff a lot.

i'm guessing that my 1st requests are going to be addressed primarily to xiquet/gdw, but if anyone else can step in with info, please do.

1) where does one get hold of anything on the nookie riddim, other than the jamesy p track. i'm specifically after vybz's tekk buddy remix and haven't been able to find anything ever... i know you guys have this so no holding out!

2) does anyone know where i can get the mix of akon's locked up with buju's circumstances over the top and some bounty killer verses?

mpc

wasteman
where can i get i wayne - 'can't satisfy her' on 7" in a uk online store? 12" is too expensive.

mpc

wasteman
thanks.

do u know where i can find truth hurts - addictive (capleton mix)?

also, i heard a dancehall song about 2 years ago which had lyrics that said something like: "girls hitching up their gucci dresses". could've been by glamma kid. any idea?

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah, the capleton is on the bollywood riddim, available from pretty much any record shop as a greensleeves rhythm series comp, along with a ton of other stuff and a wicked sleeve.
dunno about the glamma kid tho.

gabriel

The Heatwave
nice idea.

where does one get hold of anything on the nookie riddim

i've seen two 12s which have remixes on nookie (as far as i know there's no proper cuts on the riddim, just remixes). both are white labels (completely white) and i saw them both in dub vendor (clapham) in november. the one i bought has two remixes featuring elephant man, and some crap on the other side that i've never listened to. possibly something to do with 'we will rock you' but i can't remember. the other one, if i remember rightly, has mixes by capleton and vybzkartel - so that's probebly the one you want dave. i've never seen it available anywhere else, but it must be somewhere...

do u know where i can find truth hurts - addictive (capleton mix)?

i think there's 2 or more mixes on this rhythm. i've been looking for one of them (can't remember the name now) for over two and a half years. it'll turn up eventually...

also, i heard a dancehall song about 2 years ago which had lyrics that said something like: "girls hitching up their gucci dresses". could've been by glamma kid. any idea?

might be fashion magazine by glamma kid. wicked tune. shuold be able to find it on mafia & fluxy 12" in many 2nd hand reggae shops... looks like they have it at supertone on acre lane in brixton.

with blends that you can't find on vinyl, i always think the best thing to do is make it yourself or at least plan to. then often you realise that you don't like the song that much and don't really need to buy it (certainly happens to me and is a useful way of limiting record expenditure!) - or you actually do make it and it's probably better than the one you heard before, not to mention higher quality as it won't be pressed on shitty recycled vinyl with an off-centre label. then you can get it cut to vinyl dubplate here www.dubstudio.co.uk :D

Last edited:

stelfox

Beast of Burden
yeah, the capleton voicing is on the bollywood riddim, available from pretty much any record shop as a greensleeves rhythm series comp, along with a ton of other stuff and a wicked sleeve.
dunno about the glamma kid tho.

gabriel

The Heatwave
oh yeah i forgot about that cut. it's called 'lock up' and also available on in the streetz 7". actually a remix as well (originally voiced on the violin riddim also for in the streetz) but wasn't one of the ones i was referring to earlier, which are actually over the truth hutrs instrumental rather than the jamaican re-lick of it that is the bollywood riddim.

D

droid

Anyone ever seen a 7" copy of 'Lionheart' by Garnett Silk? Its on the same riddim as Buju's 'Hail Massa God' which I think is called 'the general'....

I know its an oldie, but Ive been searching for this for years!

matt b

Indexing all opinion
anyone know the rhythm, or other versions of jr kelly's 'by the seed' (on 'universal message 3' comp.)?

awesome song, but other version(s) needed. can you guess why?

Clubberlang

Fastest shipping ever (placed order like Thursday morning got it on Friday afternoon--same state admittedly) but the prices aren't cheap.

stelfox

Beast of Burden
greensleeves has not picked up the bionic ras for a rhythm album, so it's possible there won't be a proper one

gabriel

The Heatwave
stelfox said:
greensleeves has not picked up the bionic ras for a rhythm album, so it's possible there won't be a proper one

yeah seems like a bad move that one, lots of hype around that riddim - much more, for example, than greensleeves' two next riddim albums (sunblock & fowl fight). having said that, i'm still kinda disappointed by most of the cuts on bionic ras..

mpc

wasteman
i think im gonna get 'spring break' and bounty killer 7"s. do they have the version on the flip?