keyboard kid/chronik slew dem link up!

CrowleyHead

Yeah, Darq E is now doing generic rap instrumentals for 5th tier friends of A$AP Rocky.

I await the inevitable Harry Fraud & CAS collab.

Secundus

Chronik's music video game is incredible but he keeps picking instrumentals that don't let him get really energetic and shout a lot I don't get it

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's the Vice effect I think - I saw a Chronik video has been uploaded on their 'Noisey' website.

Fair play though I'd be interested to hear the results.

I dunno about British MCs on American rap instrumentals, although I know how weird that might sound... Like that grime cover of 'I Don't Like', doesn't sound right.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Or maybe its just shit.

Or MAYBE I'm prejudiced by some weird complex because would it sound 'wrong' if I thought the beat was by a british kid?

CrowleyHead

Keyboard just isn't quite good enough at what he's trying to do for this Chronik record to be real though. It's invalid. It's like if I was in 2005, and hiring the Mitchell Brothers or something, and saying "OH YEAH, GRIME NITE IN NYC." (Which I bet Vice probably has tried at one point in their life).

Also, Chronik is perfectly suited for the video, but it doesn't quite sit well with me. IDK.

whytea

It's the Vice effect I think - I saw a Chronik video has been uploaded on their 'Noisey' website.

that's the one

"Here is the new video for "Deepest Darkest" from influential grime MC, Chronik, produced by Keyboard Kid 206."