This makes me rush - Hardcore Junglism 91/92

soul_pill

Here's a mix of mine I found while going through old minidiscs - I recorded it in '96 (when I got my first decks - although I'd been buying 12s since '90) and it's really exciting sounding... full of anthems and obvious picks but it really drives the mix along. Hope you all like it...

http://www.sharebigfile.com/index.php?download=kjMC34Bwrj3An86RbZnm

The Prodigy - Your Love (XL Recordings)
Shades Of Rhythm - Extacy (Instrumental) (ZTT)
Human Resource - Dominator (Joey Beltram Program 2 remix) (R&S)
Tronik House - Spark Plug (KMS)
Sonic Solution - Music (R&S)
Second Phase - Mentasm (R&S)
N-Joi - Adrenalin (Deconstruction)
Shut Up And Dance - The Green Man (Rum & Black Mix) (SUAD)
Shut Up And Dance - Spliffhead (SUAD)
The Ragga Twins - Shine Eye (SUAD)
The Scientist - Exorcist (Kickin')
Acen - Trip II The moon (Production House)
Dance Conspiracy - Dub War (Morphosis)
Morphosis - Latin In Dub Major (Morphosis)
DJ Trax - We Rock The Most (Moving Shadow)
Rum & Black - Wicked (SUAD)
Raw From China - 3 (Reel 2 Reel)
DJ Crystl & Slipmaster J - Drop X.T.C
T.Power - Future Wars (Soapbar)
Rufige Cru - Darkrider (Reinforced)
Krome & Time - The Slammer (Suburban Base)
Manix - Hardcore Junglism (Reinforced)
Egyptian Empire - The Horn Track (ffrr)

Last edited:

Noah Baby Food

Nice SUAD repping. Rum and Black - "Wicked"...I'd forgotten all about that.

Could have done with "We Are IE", Lennie de Ice, woulda fitted in nice. Props though, good stuff.

bassnation

the abyss
Noah Baby Food said:
Nice SUAD repping. Rum and Black - "Wicked"...I'd forgotten all about that.

yeah, thats a er, wicked track! i managed to get hold of it on vinyl a few months back, was looking for a long time. the copy i've got is a promo, don't think it ever got released as a single, but it is on the album they did.

G

grosun

This is possibly a horribly ignorant question, but what's the tune towards the end with the bond sample in it???

Really want that, whatever it is!

nomos

Administrator
grosun said:
This is possibly a horribly ignorant question, but what's the tune towards the end with the bond sample in it???
Really want that, whatever it is!
If it's the bit just before 29:00 that would be the original "Trip to the Moon" by Acen which had to be withdrawn over the Bond sample. It was replaced by a synthetic bit and re-released. I think the original goes for very large amounts of money on eBay.
Thanks for the mix soul pill. I finally got a chance to listen to the whole thing yesterday. Reeally liking it.

soul_pill

gumdrops said:
could the author of this post possibly reload the mix? the link is dead now. thank you.

That surprises me 'cause the link should be good for 7 days or 250 downloads. If 250 people now have it perhaps someone would be willing to share it on slsk - if not i'll upload another link at the weekend..... glad people enjoyed it.

bassnation said:
wicked track! i managed to get hold of it on vinyl a few months back, was looking for a long time. the copy i've got is a promo, don't think it ever got released as a single, but it is on the album they did.

Yes, i've got it on promo as well - much better volume than on "Without Ice".

Question: Does anyone know what sample is used by Prof. Stretch & co. on "Latin In Dub Major"? It always seemed such a joyous song - like japanese schoolchildren singing. Back in tha day I always thought they were going "Jungle Techno Song..." (on that last line)

theo

pollymarchs 4 eva
Wow I guess I was 11 when you did this.
Thanks for the history lesson this is one of the best mixes I have heard in a while

=)