The Kingdom

IdleRich

IdleRich
Anyone seen it? Basically kind of a Danish Twin Peaks set in a hospital and directed by Lars Von Trier. Sadly a couple of the main actors died after the second series so it was never finished but the bits that do exist are both disturbing and hilarious. I think Stephen King was a fan and did his own take too - anyone know if that is any good?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I watched most of the DVD a while back, but became a bit disenchanted halfway through. I always thought it was better in concept than execution. Also makes me think of the Danish film Nightwatch, which I enjoyed more

Given Stephen King's TV version of the Shining, I would struggle to believe that he could produce anything halfway decent onscreen

IdleRich

IdleRich
I think that what I've seen only amounts to half the Danish one. But what I've seen so far is brilliant. I definitely want to see what happens next, it appears that Udo Keir has just been born fully grown and I always like Udo Kier.

D

droid

I think I saw this in the 90's. Not a million miles away from Garth Merengi's dark place.

Bangpuss

Rich, you have to see Garth Marenghi's Darkplace. One of the funniest TV shows ever.

Is The Kingdom anything like Element of Crime? I really like a lot of Lars Von Trier (The Idiots especially), but hated Element of Crime.