Video Editing - Help

IdleRich

IdleRich
I want to piss around editing together some video clips I'll probably grab from youtube or dvd or whatever. What's the simplest to use free software for PC? I really just want to cut bits out of things and put them in the order I want and maybe do the odd loop or fade or something but nothing fancier than that. I'm useless with computers so the simpler the better.
Cheers for any advice.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I think for PC windows movie maker is easiest. I'm a mac man though so not used it.

I use a programme called IShowU to grab video and sound off my screen - you can get ones that do it for PC as well -

http://alternativeto.net/software/ishowu-hd/

and then it's just a matter of converting. The quality is better than expected. That saves you time downloading and converting the stuff from youtube.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Thanks chaps. Not been getting anywhere on this I have to admit.
Tried Avidmux or whatever it is but it was too annoying to stick things together, then my friend suggested PremierePro or something but I couldn't download that. Then I tried Serif which I thought I'd used (successfully) before but now it says not compatible with Windows... so I finally tried WindowsMovieMaker but now every file I try and import seems to go wrong. Anyone know a possible reason for that at all?